sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Working On Command Center

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks to me that glow radius not intensity is your problem.

Glow radius can be adjusted in the choreography objects properties Default is 15, min 0,max 50. This will determine the size of the halos around glowing objects.

Hope this helps.

I just started the Droid Starfighter, but when I try to render it, it freezes at 45%. It gets to 100% in progressive, though. It has a color, bump, and reflectivity map. Might that have anything to do with it? It's only 6000 patches, too.

EDIT:

Here's the progressive so far, though. Hope you likey. :)

post-7-1099522117.jpg

Nice work Kyle! :D

It's only 6000 patches, too.

Have you rendered 6000 patches before?

If you post a wireframe maybe one of the experienced guys can help with the render problem.

It has a color, bump, and reflectivity map. Might that have anything to do with it?

May well do, they may be usinga fair bit of memory.

When it froze did your computer still work? If you had no other probs check if the hard drive is still being accessed during the 'freeze'. If you don't have enough memory the program will be using hard drive instead of memory making things really slooooow....

Hope this helps. B)

Thanks for the tips. I'm gonna buy another hard drive to hang off the back of my computer and get another 200 GB. I have indeed rendered 6,000 patches before, it's actually pretty fast for my computer. My highest render of one model was about 20,000 patches and it took 20 seconds. Must be the maps. I'm gonna take off the bump since you can't really tell it's on. And then I'll take off the reflectivity for non-closeups. Thanks again!

Imported poly models? I don't follow... I tried to curve out the sides really well (not my strong point) and i tried a little too hard and it got very patchy around the edges. I've labeled some other high-patch areas in the pic attached. I don't think it's a patch problem though. i took off the reflectivity and bump maps and it works much better now. But still, if you're interested, here's the pic. :)

post-7-1099602708.jpg

Wow! That is a pretty impressive mesh. But I agree with Ken. I think it is complete overkill. I bet you could get that model under 500 patches pretty easily and it would have been alot easier to smooth it out. Not that yours needs any smoothing. I think smoothing a mesh like yours would have driven me mad.

There are many ways to model a shape. Here's how I would have approached the base of the ship.

If you look at the spheres on the cd, you'll see they only have 32 patches max to make them. Yours possibly have 4-5 times as many. You're thinking in polys. :)

Wing.jpg