Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Logo animation with theme

In May 2004, I sponsored a contest among select musicians to compose a unique theme for D.Joseph Design. Dane Walker composed a theme closest to my desires and very pleasing to my tastes. This animation, as company identification, is to precede "professional" media-based productions. I call this the "Gentle Logo" with the piano version of DJD Theme.

Go here.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your animation the camera movement suits the msuic very well.

A couple of very small things. First I noticed a reflection in the first shot seems to suddenly snap on near the end of the clip. Do you know what causes it, it's a little abrupt and distracts from the animation a little. Secondly, and this is so minor I didn't see it untill the third time I watched it. As the camera comes to a final stop in the last shot it seems to come out of a subtle dutch tilt a little right at the end but could be eased out a little more to smoothen it a bit.

I noticed a reflection in the first shot seems to suddenly snap on near the end of the clip. Do you know what causes it, it's a little abrupt and distracts from the animation a little.

Yes. That's from rendering on two computers and one of them not being set to render reflections. This is just a draft render. The final will be multipass and consistent.

As the camera comes to a final stop in the last shot it seems to come out of a subtle dutch tilt a little right at the end but could be eased out a little more to smoothen it a bit.

Yes, I notice that too. It's been awhile since I worked on the animation and I'm basically posting so the composer, Dane Walker, can see the implementation of his music. If I remember correctly, I looked at all the animation keys but couldn't figure out what caused that. Now that I've thought more about it, I suspect it's due to difference in "ease" timings. Like axis-a begins slowing before axis-b, which would make axis-a look almost stationary while axis-b is still moving.

When animating it, I found the lens flare quite distracting when it'd appear for just a few frames before it was covered again. Would something like this annoy you too? What I plan to do on the final is turn of the lens flare until that last moment when it comes out behind the D.

When animating it, I found the lens flare quite distracting when it'd appear for just a few frames before it was covered again. Would something like this annoy you too?

No, to be honest those other things didn't really "annoy" me, and I honestly hadn't spent any time thinking about the lens flare. I do want to tell you I really quite like the animation as a whole. It REALLY fits the music and flows rather nicely throughout.

I was just making those few comments because it was posted in the WIP section so I assumed you might be looking for some constructive critisism. Your comment seemed as though you might have been a little annoyed at me for making those comments, I hope that is not the case, as it was not my intention to do so in any way.

I'm glad you explained the snapping reflections, I thought it might have been a rendering error of some kind.

Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way. I meant, "This would annoy me, would it annoy you too?" Not, "you're annoyed by that, that, and that; would this annoy you too?"

You don't really notice the lens flare thing because I was careful to move the camera so to avoid the lens flare. I didn't think about plain turning it off.

And yes, since this is in the WIP section, I do very much value everyone's constructive criticism.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to bump this because I never heard back from all ye who were having audio problems. I resaved the animation using a different audio codec and I'd like to make sure it works.

I'm also looking for comments on the music that I can pass along to Dane Walker, the composer.

Beautiful Daniel!

I'm not too sure what the yellow upside down check mark is all about.

Lense flare seems a bit low, right in the center of vertical, which in this case, is also the horizon.

Two more possible tweaks:

A softer ease out. There is a little jar at the end when the logo settles in.

Don't freeze the frame and hold it, continue the movement of the light causing the flare even if the logo has stopped.

Dane's music is great for a particular audience.

I just don't know if that's the audience that this is intended for.

It certainly does denote quality, caring, and gentleness.

That's you, right? : )

DanRJ

:P

Dane Walker has composed several versions of the theme for me. A fanfare, this "gentle" version, and even a whole two-minute piece. I consider this version the more professional and will use it until I realize my fun ideas.

The "upside-down check mark" is just part of my logo.