Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Against The Author, the War of the Worlds

:D Hi dudes :D and welcome to the topic based on Against The Author, The War of the Worlds. 'ATA', as it is called, is a movie about 3 characters who have to set out to destroy and army of 10,000 clones. The movie is bieng made in Animation Master version 10.5 and edited in Windows Movie Maker 2. For more information please visit the home for Against The Author, www.Simons-magic.com!!! On this topic you can post any ideas you may want in a movie, you could post music which you might like to be in the motion picture and you can over-all talk about it. The movie will be using techiniques in Animation which I have been working on which nobody so-far has created, making this even more epic. Please, any comments or suggestions will be read and noted, thankyou and enjoy posting! B)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad saying this, but I also feel it needs to be said.

Back off on the flashies on your web site.

I could not hang around long enough to read the web site content because the buttons and flashing images were driving me crazy.

A complete distraction. The moving spheres on the first page do not warrant a Java load.

From what content I did read the project it looks great. The models seemed very nice.

Wish I could say more. Hope your endeavor goes as planed.

Sorry about all the 'flashies' on my website. I have taken them all off and updated the site, BUT, I cannot upload right now because my computer that hosts my website currently has no internet connection, but I am working on it! If u want to go directly to the trailer, click here, I think it works! If not, I'll have to find a way. :huh:

Thanx for posting guys!

For all those who are new to this topic, Against The Author, The War of the Worlds, is a movie about 3 school students who live inside a virtual reality world. Becky, an evil virus, cretes clones of a killing machine and spreads across this new world. And now, no-body will stand up to her army, except these 3 students who are forced too. The movie is an PG-13 Action/Comedy movie expected to be released about Winter 2005. This forum is for anyone who have anything that could be used in a movie, for example, scenery you made, lighting set-ups and rigs, models for scene population, anything whatso-ever. So if you have anything for a movie, and want to see your name in the credits, please post here.

post-7-1094945762.jpg

Posting the trailer as a wmv file will somewhat limit your audience I got to see the trailer after much patching of the address and patience. I suggest making it smaller and simpler to get too if you want people to watch I know I added a flash directory on my old site and people had trouble with that. And all the flashing lights could cause some trouble for other people trying to viewing it. This is not a criticism you have a very "active " site just that it is a little buggy and therefore hard to navigate.

Also not sure what the trailer was trying to show you need some sound other than the music and pictures or at least some text

Just trying to help ..my eyes are still blinking :unsure: ...but hey I'm old

Yeah, I am trying to find a way to convert wmv. to QT :blink: . I am also working on the website so it doesn't have all the 'flashies' and it runs faster.

I was asked to make a trailer so I just put together a few tests, it wasn't actually the proper trailer, the REAL on will be much better done.

Thanx.

Good news. In my spare time I have been working on the website and it will be up and running in a few days. Also, I am working on a short in my spare time called the 'Faterix Recalibrated'. It is a take-off of the matrix featuring simon as 'fleo', becky as 'Sinitry', Ben as 'Scorefeous', and alex as 'Agent Stiff'! Anyway, just had to inform you guys, the trailer as well as everything else will on my website within a few days.

:blink: The song is one I made I found off this random google search. The creator didn't give it a name! It was just a synthesised piece. But if you need good music for your movies, I suggest www.freeplaymusic.com ! B)

Yeah, I am working on the website. :D I have removed all the of animated flashing gifs and have made it much easier to navigate. :D I have also updated many of the sections including how I made many of the A:M effects for the movie, but only the basic ones for now. I haven't uploaded it to the web yet so you won't see it if you look today, but it will be up and running in no more than 2 days. :lol:

Dude, if anyone has any suggestions for the website or movie, please post them.

Some suggestions:

On the web site remove everything except the content, which by the way, I have not been able to see as of yet. You have java applets? Or something?

There seems to be "blocks" of content somewhere but they never show up.

When doing a web page for something like this the first thought should be towards getting to the good stuff as easily as possible.

Is the site a "look at all the cool HTML stuff I can do" or is it a site about the film project you are working on?

All of those other things just get in the way. If you must have those things in the site then have a splash page that indicates it is for PC only, or there is a lot of java (not javascript, JAVA APPLETS!). Or have an alternate page.

Java NOT JAVASCRIPT, even when done usefully and correct, is iffy at best. There is no need for it here, in my opinion.

Also since you are using FrontPage, try not to get carried away with all the wizbang gizmos and what not. You are just looking for trouble, trust me. Front page is not... uh... the best tool in the toolbox.

The "bubbles" animation is useless and annoying. Try doing a page that is plain old HTML without anything fancy. You want fancy? Make some cool images, use animated gifs...THAT DON'T REPEAT, standard stuff that won't cause a browser (mine) to crash or become unresponsive.

Hope to see the actual content someday.

Remember KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid - I am not calling you stupid. It's just a figure of speach.

Vernon "!" Zehr

Yeah, just for all those who are posting about the website and it's animated gifs, gizmo's and fancy stuff that doesn't load, I AM CHANGING ALL OF IT. When I upload it in a couple of days it will have no bubbles on the opening screen, no flashing gifs, no java or javascript boxes that show-up but never load!!! It will have none of these. It will be a strait, non-flashy, easy-to-navigate, direct links to everything type of website!!! <_<

Yeah, I'll 'keep it simple stupid', no offense to anyone!

Hopefully, when i upload it around Friday, it will not cause anyones browser to crash or slow down. :D

Thanks to all you gave suggestions, please do not post any comments about the site's 'flashy' things because they will be updated.

Thanks. B)

:D Good news too everyone, my website, www.simons-magic.com has been updated, for some browsers the site may be a little slower than usual but otherwise it works fine. It has many new sections including a section on the animated short, 'The Fatrix, Recalibrated'. Also it will be much easier to navigate due to the fact that I removed all animated Gifs.

B) I also updates the 'Making of Against The Author', The Against The Author description now shows the older version of the movie, The site has a free desktop wallpaper section. There are also direct links to everything on the opening page using a 'Menu' feature I designed. B)

So go enjoy that!!!

B) Anyone out there, if you have a location model, scenery, or project that could be used in a motion picture, you can now submit it too baldrix@cfl.rr.com to get the location put in a contest. The winner of the location contest will get there scene location/scenery/project used in the new motion picture, Against The Author, The War of the Worlds... :D

Hello, I'm back from my little 'vacation' off the A:M forum. Against The Author, The War of the Worlds is going great. Bad news, we no longer need location files or background music, we are making ALL the scenes, animating ALL the scenes, and composing our very own soundtrack. We have made our opening piece for the movie already, titled 'Pathway to Freedom'. Of course, when the movie is finished, it will put onto a DVD, along with the B) Director's Cut B) , :lol: bloopers :lol: , :huh: The making of the movie :huh: , and the :wacko: soundtrack:wacko: ! And maybe a couple of smaller features. The production is due to be finished Winter 2005 or Summer 2006, so please don't wait around for the movie to be finished soon. Thanx.

• 4 weeks later...