Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New Creature

Guest mrsl13

Guest mrsl13

Hello

Working on a creature for my son and thought Id post a pic or two or three...still a long way to go with it to get it to animate. arms look terriable so I may go without them and the body may look to thick for the wings..etc etc.

Mike

post-7-1090591586.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mrsl13

Ill have to do a higher res to get the splines to show up clearer..here is one I do have..its not clear though....Ill render higher wirefame when I get back to my A.M. computer.

Thanks,

Mike

post-7-1090606507.jpg

• Admin

Nice Mike!

I'll bet your son is happy with it!

I'm not sure how old your son is but you remind me of when I had my youngest daughter (then 4) help me set up a scene and animate it. She chose a TREX and I chose a robot... She was really happy until we played the AVI. She was so scared by the dinosaur emerging from the depths of a darkened hallway that she gave up animating right then and there!!! :o

Maybe we'll have to stick with Keekay the next time. :rolleyes:

Looks like you are having fun!

Keep it up!

Guest mrsl13

Thanks All...

Im gonna put the hands where suggested ( wing joint) and delete patch the arms area to see how that looks, Ill have to do something..Ive notice some of the ref images I have the front limbs are Legs not arms (some are arms though but the wings seem to attach to a central point on the back/spine) Ive made the tail end with claws for grabbing. I want this Dragon to breath fire out it's nostrils instead of its mouth. Nathan my oldes son (almost 12, July 30th) has been drawing Dragons and creatures sense about 4 or 5 Ive tried to get him interested in A.M. but he enjoys drawing them not much interest in modeling them on a computer, but he's hinted at me trying it, so Im trying.

Mike

Guest mrsl13

Made a few changes that were suggested ,removed the arms, added hands (actually copies of the feet) to the wing joint (not really liking the way the wing joint looks though) changed the tail to hopefully look more like a tail section of an airplane (which was my original intention but somehow got to looking like a fish tail. )

Mike

post-7-1090871675.jpg

I think the scale of the legs is too small for the body. Alot of weight to hold up. It looks much better with the hands on the wings. The position of it like you said is alittle strange. You almost need an elbow joint between the body and the hand. Making an arm with a wing attached. That way you can fold up the outer part of the wing and it can walk on all fours. Just a thought. Looking good.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrsl13

Update on my model...been really busy remodeling the house so I havent had much time for AM etc.....

Redid the wings tryin to get a originalish look to the Dragon also did some work on the legs and added a material ..other minor changes also...(not boned yet)

posting a couple pics .

Mike

post-7-1092022291.jpg