Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

HAIR - No specular effects [solved-ish]

Hey Rob,

What would AM do without you?  Thanks so much for the advice and the compliment!  As you can see, still not working on the guy, but rendered fine on my hairball.  I'm thinking maybe there's a bug in my project file?  I'm going to load the model into a new project and see how that goes.  Hope it's not a bug in the model.  One way or another, I'll show you how it goes.

Doug

misfit-11 00.jpg

hairball.jpg

Rob and David - thanks much for all the info.  I'm

not sure if mu-hair should be built in to mu AM, but it isn't; I somewhat combed through the links you two sent, but didn't see a download for the actual shader.  Do either of you have a link?  By the way, great Al Capone head Rob!

Here's an update of the head I'm working on if you're curious.  Incidentally, did anyone ever make just a face rig, and an installer?  Thanks much.

Doug

misfit-27 00.jpg

It should be built in current versions. You are using something recent (after v15 or something like that), right?
Just to mention it: You will have to activate shaders in the rendering dialog of A:M.

Best regards
*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

Doug,

In the Render settings you just turn "Plug in Shaders" ON, you don't set any particular shader.

image.png

The two hair shaders only appear as options in the Surface Properties of a Hair Emitter and must be set there.

image.png

• robcat2075 changed the title to HAIR - No specular effects [solved-ish]