Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Tech Watch: Intel $150 Windows PC on a stick

Rodney

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be nice to have hooked up to the TV to save faffing with cables. Although with the state of my internet since we moved (4G satellite with 40gb a month up/download limit) streaming or downloading pretty much anything above 240p is a thing of the past. Nice idea though, I'm still waiting on the full PC watch with 3D VR projector screen. You lied to me the 80's.

Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 are not very heavy on the hardware... it might be possible... (at least a Windows Phone can run Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 without being much bigger... (get rid of the display, and you could built something in these dimensions quite easily....

See you

*Fuchur*

• *A:M User*

I can confirm that AM will run on a system with an Atom, as I have an Atom-based netbook that I put AM on. It's just a bit painful.

The newer quad-core Baytrail Atoms or the upcoming Cherrytrail (darn Intel code names) might be more tolerable, but I think a standard i3 or i5 desktop or even mobile cpu would blow the doors off even a quad-core Atom. Still, amazing what a few hundred $ buys these days.

I've a AMD Beema Apu (and an Kaveri APU laptop but that is a different league) and it works very well... APUs have much better graphic power than Atoms (or any intel icpu) without dedicated GPU which helps alot with the fluidness of A:M so it is absolutely possible to run A:M on a small system...