Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A temporary change of career might fund the present one

Simon Edmondson

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/loom-bands-welsh-ebay-user-7409130

This may cause incredulity...
I just looked, and with two days to go the price has reached £170,000+

Thats about a third of a million $ at present exchange rate....

Somebody is going to wake up to a legally binding headache...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251582630657

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• *A:M User*

Not sure, I think that's how it is supposed to work. Although with the number of ridiculous auctions I see, that don't ever seem to sell, that may not be the case. I think you used to have to pay, maybe they changed it.

This sale will never complete. Whoever bid this thing up this much is doing it as a goof.

I dunno...there were 39 bidders, with 137 bids...Wasn't just one person. (I took a screen shot of bid history, doesn't show all of the bids)

RubberbanddressEbay.jpg

Edited by NancyGormezano

The winning bidder is listed as having 5 bid retractions in 6 months. I hope the person isn't messing around with the seller.

The dress is a hand crafted one of a kind item and probably had at least 80 hours of work in it. I've heard of original designs for at least this much money so I'm not surprised.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/loom-band-dress-sale-170100-7475753

Taking a break from animating this week, as I woke up last Sunday at 05:00, dreaming of setting animation keys and how I would have to adjust the curves afterwards.Couldn't get back to sleep afterwards.

A pause seemed a good idea at that point

Heres an update on the story of the dress.

• *A:M User*

Nancy,

Even though there are 39 bidders, this could easily be a case of 1 goofball getting all his friends over at weareallmiserablebastards.com to pile on and bid the item up as a goof. It doesn't mean anything. I suppose it is possible that there is one genuine bidder in there that thought it would be neat to have a rubber-band dress.

If someone really does purchase this for that price, then good for the seller. But this doesn't pass my skepticism/cynicism filter.