sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

TV ad

Simon Edmondson

Tore posted a link to a clip on Face book which reminded me of this. Its quite old now but worth watching if you've not seen it.

A TV ad for Honda that features the parts that go up to make the car.

At the time it was said to be done 'for real' and took 150 takes or so to get right.

The eagle eyed amongst you might spot otherwise ?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only part that bothers me is 0:23-0:28 when that very slow moving wheel knocks another wheel up hill which then knocks another wheel uphill, which then knocks another wheel up hill. Unless it's one of those camera tricks where the room is slanted and the camera is set up to make it look straight then I don't see them behaving like that.

The only part that bothers me is 0:23-0:28 when that very slow moving wheel knocks another wheel up hill which then knocks another wheel uphill, which then knocks another wheel up hill. Unless it's one of those camera tricks where the room is slanted and the camera is set up to make it look straight then I don't see them behaving like that.

Dan I haven't looked at it recently, but there is a Wikipedia entry about it. I think there was a lot of 'rigging' to get it to work but, at the time it was claimed it was straight...

regards

simon

• Hash Fellow

I recall that commercial, there may even be a previous thread about it here.

You could make a wheel appear roll uphill for less than half a revolution if there is a weight inside it at the top falling forward.

But in general I'm a doubter that it is all real or all one take. The speakers jumping up and down seems false, real speakers don't do that.

A lot of that seems too lucky no matter how many takes they did. :huh:

Spotted this today, part of which explains the rolling tyres. Not as complex as the Honda ad ( there are multiple edits ) but a strange type of thinking involved ?

edit

On a slightly related theme of impossible setups, a friend posted this today. Strangely beautiful machines that work under sail power, Strandebeest.

http://vimeo.com/71927604

I think Nancy may have mentioned them a few weeks ago and there is a link to a related rigging setup in the banner headline.

On a slightly related theme of impossible setups, a friend posted this today. Strangely beautiful machines that work under sail power, Strandebeest.

http://vimeo.com/71927604

I think Nancy may have mentioned them a few weeks ago and there is a link to a related rigging setup in the banner headline.

the thread starts here

But mtpeak2's (Mark Skodacek) wonderful A:M solution to a strandtypebeest can be seen here

AND another FUN great example here

Edited by NancyGormezano