sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Sochi Olympics and its arcs and poses ! Amazing !

Xtaz

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Those are indeed awesome. Thanks for the link Marcos!

You know... the downside of this technology is how a performance can be inspected down to the tiniest microexpression by those with almost any camera.

Performers and athletes of old didn't have to deal with that.

Added: There are some elements of the masking in these images that suggests some compositing was done manually.

I had assumed a lot had been composited automatically.

It looks like they may have used a similar technique in photoshop as what I did with this sequence from Milt Kahl. The difference being my sequence was separated in space to make the images readable whereas due to the movement through space of the athletes the frames were already spaced far enough apart.

miltkahlsequence_sm.png

Here are some of the outakes that I was thinking of when I viewed the earlier sequences:

http://twentytwowords.com/figure-skating-i...ove-it-27-pics/

Hysterical images! But the best & truest comment at the end of the article was:

It’s true that if we were leaping and twirling at high speeds with a camera trained on us constantly, we’d look just as ridiculous. But the fact is…we’re not. We’re sitting on our butts in front of a computer screen trying to feel better about ourselves by laughing at these superstars

• Admin
It’s true that if we were leaping and twirling at high speeds with a camera trained on us constantly, we’d look just as ridiculous. But the fact is…we’re not. We’re sitting on our butts in front of a computer screen trying to feel better about ourselves by laughing at these superstars

I recognized the truth in that as well. ;)