sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Anyone watch the Oscars?

Roger

• *A:M User*

I forgot to record it until about a 3rd of the way through, haven't watched it yet. Anyone know who one Best Animated Feature and Best Short Film? I have a feeling that was the part I forgot to record :(

I guess I could just Google it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only ever watched them all the way through a few times. I enjoy them, but it is hard to make it all the way to the end.

So lately I've taken to recording them and looking for the stuff I'm most interested in.

3 hours I will not get back, always bugs me to see Hollywood shamelessly kissing their own hienies. Seth Macfarlane did a great job! The only movie I saw was Lincoln(yawn) so I was not too attached, but now I want to see Ben Afflek's movie.

I liked Lincoln a lot. I felt the movie was in the hands of a great director and actor and they brought a different level of connection with those days. Voting for Spielberg is so 80's/90's, but I wish he'd won best director. Argo is suspenseful, but I didn't feel that great of an accomplishment. In fact, it plays perfectly into "shamelessly kissing their own hienies" because in it Hollywood is portrayed as finally doing something noble -- so of course it won.

BTW, Dreamworks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg won the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award this year, but they no longer give it out during the big ceremony anymore.

Is there some reason they don't give it out during the main ceremony these days?

• Hash Fellow
BTW, Dreamworks Animation CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg won the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award this year, but they no longer give it out during the big ceremony anymore.

Is there some reason they don't give it out during the main ceremony these days?

Here's an article on him where he says the Oscars show should be about film-making things the audience sees when they go to a movie and not the honorary awards that reflect something else.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/oscars-jef...nitarian-award/