sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

BMW Mini model

Simon Edmondson

This may be a bit cheeky or rude, If so, my sincere apologies

Does anyone have a model of a BMW mini that I could 'borrow' for a short while ?

I've been working on some stop motion tests and I need to be able to then composite those into a simple street scene modelled in AM to see if I can get an impression of speed.

This is a still of the first frame of a (roughly) 20 seconds sequence.

Front__001.tga

I need to be able to match the camera position, from the test, in AM, so that I can animate the street going through. To do that I thought I could line up a model against a roto within a chor, remove the model, and then render the street, before compositing the test onto the street. ?

Thats the theory. I have to admit in a lot of guess work here.

Does anyone have a model of the car. I could use for the above? I promise I will return or delete it after the camera match up, and will not use it for anything else.

regards

simon

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you looked for a polygon version, perhaps? That might be likely.

Robert

I found one but it was in blend format, which I'm guessing was Blender.

I found an old style ( pre BMW ) version in OBJ format but the import plug in seems to be stalling at 20%. I might try to build one quickly tomorrow . I only really want it to match camera shots against.

I've just seen that there is a camera rig available. I will have to watch and read the tutorials on that too.

regards

simon

Have you looked for a polygon version, perhaps? That might be likely.

Robert

I found one but it was in blend format, which I'm guessing was Blender.

I found an old style ( pre BMW ) version in OBJ format but the import plug in seems to be stalling at 20%. I might try to build one quickly tomorrow . I only really want it to match camera shots against.

I've just seen that there is a camera rig available. I will have to watch and read the tutorials on that too.

regards

simon

The imported has not stopped importing... it just does not tell you that it is still working... but I assume you are trying to import it as a patch-model (bad idea for high-poly-data).

Try instead to import it as a Prop.

See you

*Fuchur*

I tried again with the Blend model and left it importing overnight.

It worked. However it is a very high poly count on the model. I went to save the project with it in and it is six hours, and counting, on the save process. Is this common ?

I'm reluctant to force quit and lose all the time if I start again, but it is a bit frustrating.

It certainly makes me appreciate the economy of patches !

regards

simon

Ps

Inevitably, it finished , just as I was going to stop it. 8 hours in the doing.

I know you don't want to start over but here's a modern style mini (no wheels for some reason) converted from Obj to .mdl

mini.mdl

car3.png

I haven't tidied it up or straightened it out but it's all there....'cept the wheels

Dan

Thank you very much for that.

I had just started afresh but this will be a great help.Thank you.

regards

simon

PS

On a trivial note, the original style mini was my favourite car when I hit puberty ( a long time ago ). I still think its an amazing car for the size of the thing. Terror to work on though, and very unreliable !