Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Playing with a new plugin

Fuchur

Hi,

just wanted to show something cool in the next release of A:M.

The plugin Amplitude will be able to use a WAV-file and control any kind of animation-channel (like a pose, a bones rotation, translation, etc.) with the amplitude of the soundfile.

Two very small example can be seen attached. The first one is created from several single-tracks (so that the instruments are playing solo in the tracks and control each one "instrument").

The second one is a part of a nightcore-song which will control the height of a model (better to say a pose which controls the height of a model). Then I used the plugin Multiple-Copies to create 10 of those and attached the action created by Amplitude to it. Each of the actions has been shift for 10 frames then... because of that you receive a nice wave-like animation.

Hope you like it :).

See you

*Fuchur*

plugin_amplitude_testl.mp4

amplitude_test.wmv

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

How does one get access to this new plugin. Is it pending release of v17e?

I'm curious to compare it with the Midi plugin (which BTW is quite an excellent tool).

I've been using the freeware program Aria Maestosa to create the midi instructions/music to drive the animation in A:M.

There are quite a few places we can right click and use a Midi file to drive animation that I'm curious if Wav files are treated simularly.

No rush... just curious if I missed an announcement or link to the plugin.

Added: For those that want to create Midi files to drive animation check out Aria Maestosa: http://ariamaestosa.sourceforge.net/

If desired you can use other utilities to convert the Midi files to WAV.

The program will run on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux/Unix.

How does one get access to this new plugin. Is it pending release of v17e?

I'm curious to compare it with the Midi plugin (which BTW is quite an excellent tool).

I've been using the freeware program Aria Maestosa to create the midi instructions/music to drive the animation in A:M.

There are quite a few places we can right click and use a Midi file to drive animation that I'm curious if Wav files are treated simularly.

No rush... just curious if I missed an announcement or link to the plugin.

It will be in the next release of A:M v17e.. it is till now in closed beta.

I am quite sure it will be available in 1-2 weeks for the public.

I am not sure, but I think the MIDI-plugin can only use two states, right? Active or inactive?

Amplitude can use any given state inbetween like 1% pose-percentage, 17.5%, 33,321512%, etc. (digital vs analog)

And of course: You can use any given track without the need of midi-notes to get it going.

See you

*Fuchur*

• 4 months later...