Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Posthumous Award for the A:M V18 Mascot

KJ'd Beast

I'm new to A:M and the forums but I was amazed at the quality and diversity of the body of work done by former member Paul Forward whose untimely passing occured this June. He seemed to be very revered on the board and I wondered if A:M could somehow commemorate his passion for animation, creativity and skill with A:M by posthumously designating one of his creations as the 2013 A:M Mascot. Perhaps if his son, Josh, could give access to one of his best models. Someone could render it out in a suitable pose for the splash screen. Let me know what your thoughts are on the possibility of this idea are and if it is something the forum members would be in support of.

Sincerely,

Keith J. Brett

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a nice idea but should be done by Hash itself and the model stays Pauls with no public acces

I agree that the model should not become public domain. I meant that a respected member of the A:M community would get access to the model to pose it not that everyone would get a crack at it. I guess they could still hold the contest and have Josh submit one of his dad's models for voting. That way it could still be a democratic process.

I'd say if Josh submits one to the mascot contest it should not be a reason to not participate with something else

and it would not be fair to others that this one wins without a voting...

Since some of Paul's work was really outstanding it is very likely that he will win with his work anyway because of his talent and not because of his death.

I think that is the way an artist like him would like it better anway. Be admired for his work, not pitied for his death.

See you

*Fuchur*

I'd say if Josh submits one to the mascot contest it should not be a reason to not participate with something else

and it would not be fair to others that this one wins without a voting...

Since some of Paul's work was really outstanding it is very likely that he will win with his work anyway because of his talent and not because of his death.

I think that is the way an artist like him would like it better anway. Be admired for his work, not pitied for his death.

See you

*Fuchur*

Fuchur,

Sorry, perhaps I'm misinterpreting your reply but my suggestion is to honor his work. The gesture of foregoing the contest and making one of his characters a mascot for one A:M version does exactly that. No pity was implied. In the event A:M ultimately decided they didn't want to make a special exception they can continue with the contest. People generally vote for candidates they have respect for. :)