sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Farmertrecker

Hi guys,

I donate this vehicle to this great comunity here for free use.

I created many poses for every handling possible. Special thanks to David and Carlos for the Expression Wheel Rotate Tutorial.

Please testdrive and examine this baby as hard as you can.

Comments welcome.

Maybe we could make a new comunity short animation project with it?

Just an idea.

By the way, I tried to write some notes and description in the fileinfo, no succsess.

Is there some special trick to do so?

ChromeTrecker040303.MAT

Farmertrecker_Jake150411.mdl

TreckerShake150411.act

GreenTreckerT002.mov

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow
By the way, I tried to write some notes and description in the fileinfo, no succsess.

Is there some special trick to do so?

I didn't even know there were notes!

i tried it and was able to save and reload a model with notes (v16), although I don't know what you would do if you had more than one line to enter.

Notes.JPG

>I didn't even know there were notes!

i tried it and was able to save and reload a model with notes (v16), although I don't know what you would do if you had more than one line to enter.

Maybe this was never noticed, because nobody ever used this feature.... but not even the TWO, SO guys?

• Admin
Maybe this was never noticed, because nobody ever used this feature.... but not even the TWO, SO guys?

The reality of production was (and remains such that) it is conducted within the shortest trajectory possible.

To step outside one's own production flow was labor intensive enough that little time was 'wasted' documenting the project files using the tools available for the job. This was a bit of a disappointment to me as well as a wake up call; TWO was not to be the shared educational experience I had thought it was. It was to be more of a standard film production.

The answer to Robert's dilemma of not knowing what to do if you had more than one line to enter into the notes is pretty straightforward; we can link to additional information via the URL field in File Info properties. While the URL field could link to a text file (info.txt) it could also link to a local or shared html document (info.html) or even (www.two.com/theultimatedocument.html). Clicking on that link will automagically bring up that file.

A benefit to having that file be a text file is that it is automatically opened for editing.

I thought this might be true also of html where such as a Tiddlywiki were used but javascript enabled files don't always save properly in all browsers.

A downside of using the URL at all is that the file referenced is not maintained as an integral part of the project file or resource.

I see it similarly to separate Models, Materials, Actions etc and as such believe that for every Project we should have an accompanying Info.htm file.

In the case of a local file (info.txt or info.html) I would recommend it always be stored in the same directory as the resource. That way the documentation always gets copied or moved along with the resource. Hence my suggestion of 'info.txt or info.html' instead of some other random filename and location (today's favorite title.htm at some obscure location).

I was disappointed we didn't try harder to use the resources available to us in this capacity but understand the realities of production dictated the use of File Info properties would have to be reserved for a later time.

Technology and access have changed since TWO so perhaps we can give the File Info URL property another try?

Perhaps the default location (if not local) in the URL might be a place here in the A:M Forum?

Note: I prefer the URL to link to a local "Info.html" file. That document can then in turn link to a wider variety of other resources and you never have to change the URL as it will always link to the resources local information file. You just have to create and/or modify that file.

Thanks for the Farmertrecker Jost!

Yes it works...

I was somehow irritated, because I expected an "edit" option to pop up with right mouseclick,

which doesn`t with "Description"," Notes" and "Last Modified By",

but when you click into the area again an enterfield pops up.

So, yes it works, when you find it....