Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Yearly Subscription Applied to Purchase?

MerrieS

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

If you buy a $79 subscription, you've got the program and any updates for a year, no other purchase needed.

A subscription is locked to the computer you install it on.

If you purchase the $299 deal you get a CD which acts as the key to start A:M on any computer you want to install it on, but you need to have the CD in the drive.

The CD doesn't expire; any updates that run with that CD won't expire either but I'm not quite clear on how long you get free updates with the CD.

If you purchase a yearly subscription and wish to purchase the program
I think if you buy both you pay for both.

But I've also heard if you buy the CD version you get a subscription version also anyway. I'm not sure on that.

If you purchase the $299 deal you get a CD which acts as the key to start A:M on any computer you want to install it on, but you need to have the CD in the drive.

As far as I am aware, after A:M has started, you can remove the CD and the program will continue to function. Of course, if you kill the program, you must put the CD back in the drive to start the program back up.

As far as I am aware, after A:M has started, you can remove the CD and the program will continue to function. Of course, if you kill the program, you must put the CD back in the drive to start the program back up.

I think he asks if he can buy the subscription first and "update" that to a CD-version by only paying the difference afterwards... I am not sure if this is possible. Jason can say something about that.

*Fuchur*

No, I don't think you can apply your script toward the CD... use the script for a year, then make a more informed and accurate decision whether to own the CD or not. Remember, the CD may be permanent and non-expiring- but for the current version only- so when 17 comes along with all it's juicy new improvements and additions- it will be decision time again for the CD owners...

• Admin

Okay... let's look at this again.

Understanding that we are all subscribing to A:M regardless of whether we purchase the download or the CD will help to make better sense in this.

It can also help to think in terms of 'extending' versus 'applying' in this particular case.

Consider for instance when you'll activate your next subscription.

If you do your activating smartly you extend your current subscription by one year from the point (any point) of a new subscription activation.

A yearly subscription renewal (CD or download) extends your purchase by one year or by extending CD key-less access to a computer system.

Of course, if we let our subscription lapse but have purchased the CD we still have our CD-keyed access to A:M. We simply no longer have CD-keyless access and active subscription support from Hash Inc. To extend that kind of support further once expired we'd have to resubscribe/renew again.

The subscription clock doesn't start until we activate the subscription. So either way, download or CD, the duration of active support from Hash Inc is set to one calendar year from activation.

So yes, a subscription can be applied to our purchase. It can effectively extend/renew our subscription for up to one year (365 days).