sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The twin

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The spleen...LOL nah the cars are not gonna like him.

I was working on the body and it came out fine till I got I to the head and for some reason it's not lining up right should I do the head separate or another drawing ?

gecko_1.PNG gecko_2.PNG

Yalll Have a Happy Safe Turkey day.

I think you can model it faster, just model the right/left side, then copy/paste flip in x axis and then join it, this way works well for me...greetings

There are dozens of good reasons for doing it this way... or perhaps I should say for making the left side the mirrored image of the right side and the above is the absolute best way to accomplish this as it cuts the modeling by 50%. Same with the bones!

The main reason beside cutting the work by half is that dozens of cool tools and plug-ins require this (mirror smart skin, mirror bones, mirror splines, mirror mode, paste mirrored, and so on).

I routinely delete the left side of my model and then do copy/flip/attach just to make sure the splines/bones are mirrored exactly.

There are reasons for making the left side slightly different then the right side -- it has to be this way for some reason, you just don't want the left to be exactly like the right -- however, the advantages of keeping the model mirrored while developing it makes it good sense to make these changes when the model is complete.

I love the character you doing! Good luck!

Rusty

Thank you rusty, nano banano, and the spleen I doing the left side or right side first, then copy and past it's coming out better still need to adjust the shape of the head though I hate when side view drawing of the head don't match up....Bummer I'm working through it tough.

gecko_3.PNG gecko_4.PNG

There are reasons for making the left side slightly different then the right side -- it has to be this way for some reason, you just don't want the left to be exactly like the right -- however, the advantages of keeping the model mirrored while developing it makes it good sense to make these changes when the model is complete.

If you want your model a little asymmetrical, create the asymmetry in a pose and set the pose to 100% in the Model's User Properties so the pose is activated by default. Then if you ever have to go back and work on the model, you can still use all the nice tools that require a symmetrical mesh.

Nice design ...

I suggest you to start with the eye´s hole... then extrude it then part of it ...basically you will model your gecko using the extrude tool .. using this method and your rotoscope I modeled this head in 5 minutes... I attached the model if you want to use as reference

head_.png

gecko_head.mdl