Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Version 14.0 c ?

Steven547

Long time no talk here. Nice to be back! I've been absent for awhile (job move to california, etc), and I had to reset my CPU. I currently have the 13.0 version on disc and want to update that to 14.0 c, but I can not find that update. Anyone have a link or know where I can get those updates? I went to the "latest info" on the forums here, and that link it mentioned for 14.0 doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long time no talk here. Nice to be back! I've been absent for awhile (job move to california, etc), and I had to reset my CPU. I currently have the 13.0 version on disc and want to update that to 14.0 c, but I can not find that update. Anyone have a link or know where I can get those updates? I went to the "latest info" on the forums here, and that link it mentioned for 14.0 doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

If you have the v13 disc, v14c wouldn't work with it. If you have the v14 disc, I think v14c is here.

Hope that helps.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

If you have the v13 disc, v14c wouldn't work with it. If you have the v14 disc, I think v14c is here.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

I downloaded and installed the AM2007 (ver 14) and it works. I have the OZ disc. The only issue I see now, is that I don't have any of my libraries...no actions, etc. Wasn't there a file to add those libraries back? I thought there was, but can't find it....yet.

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy discussion...been awhile!

Hope that helps.

It's not a big deal but I thought I would ask.

I've just started to pick A:M up again after a while and have the OZ CD (version 13 I believe).

I can update to v14a and v14b without any problems, but 14c throws me out saying the CD is incorrect.

Can anyone confirm that this is normal.

Yesterday I was sent a project file made in V14.0C and since I still had 14 installed I opened it there and started tinkering. It was awful. There was stuff that actually didn't work. It was slow. You folks out there still working in older versions need to do yourself a BIG favor...upgrade.

John,

I know that's good advice and it does have me wondering. There was a time when I use (back in in $99 cd upgrade time) say, upgrade, shoot it's only $99. And we all know that this animation package is worth well over the $299 once upon a time initial price. I never though things could get so bad that $79 a year could seem be like an arm and a leg. Well we are at that point in this economy, I could and have tried to scrape together the upgrade price but either something comes along (like car repairs etc.) or I can't justify the cost considering I may not even use the software before it expires. I haven't used A:M for over a year now, I'm tired of the older version, can't justify upgrading to an expiring version, and simply can't get the $299 version period. So I'm hoping the economy rights it self to where I can see $299 as I use to.(Im a CD guy, not a sub. guy.) So for all of you out there in Hash land, that can afford the upgrade, PLEASE DO!, I do worry that once things straighten out economy wise and I can afford those luxuries again, they may not be there.......

Keep up the good work, I visit the forums now and again and do enjoy what I see and read here, I seldom post due to my lack of hands on participation....but still regard the community as a friend.

P.S. I see there is a section for donating models, I want to dig around and help out there, I do have a few donated models that have been posted long ago, Stage Coach to name one. I believe I can find a couple more that I have not donated before......

Thanks All , I do enjoy seeing and reading about your projects, And thanks Martin for your superb software, worth far more than you have ever asked for it !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone figured out what to do if your libraries disappear? I upgraded to 14.0c, and all my libraries are gone. I thought (and I could be wrong) there was a file that was released that would put your libraries back in order. I've tried the methods mentioned and nothing seems to work. I really don't want to go through and do one at a time. Is there a simpler method?

Anyone figured out what to do if your libraries disappear? I upgraded to 14.0c, and all my libraries are gone. I thought (and I could be wrong) there was a file that was released that would put your libraries back in order. I've tried the methods mentioned and nothing seems to work. I really don't want to go through and do one at a time. Is there a simpler method?

Yes there is a much better way... search the forum for 'library manager' or 'lib manager'. This is a very flexible program with documentation on how to use it that I helped Glenn Anthofer develop (I helped him with design and documentation, he did all the programming). Because I depend on the old NetRender dongle I'm still back on and use AM V14.0C (which works fine for me) This program has not been tested in any higher version to my knowledge.

Basically it takes a folder structure that contains library items (i.e. models, materials, actions, images, sounds, etc.) and creates a lib file for it replicating the folder structure in the AM libraries. In this way you can organize your models, materials, etc. in a folder structure and this is replicated in the AM Library.

I added several items to my resource pool and ran this program just the other day so that the AM library contained the new items.

Just so you know, in AM's options, the folder tab, the location of the library files is specified (i.e. myresources.lib) -- the physical locations of all your resources is specified in this file and AM reads this file to create the library(s). If there is no valid lib file or AM does not know were to find it then you have no AM libraries.

Hope this helps,

Rusty