• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Nice character. I like! :)

A minor thing:

The hat looks a bit too perfect from the front. ;)

Maybe adding a slight dent would break that up a little?

As it is my eye goes to the top of the hat and then around her face.

Breaking up the line at the top of the hat might address that and help us focus on the face.

Obviously, a TEXAS cowgirl. Wearing the flag and all. :)

Something maybe Rodney can give a hint on, cuz I don't know that much about decals -

The star stretches as it goes around her side. Rodney, what's the setting to get a decal to wrap without that stretch?

Nice cowgirl! :)

what's the setting to get a decal to wrap without that stretch?

Open the stamp and adjust the splines in that area to get the star to be evenly distribued over those patches. You may find though that you need to edit the image so that it has the correct proportions.

• Admin
Rodney, what's the setting to get a decal to wrap without that stretch?

It looks like Paul has answered this already.

Right Click on the Decal and select Edit to go into the UV Editor and adjust where the decal is on the mesh.

Where possible you could take objects like this star and isolate them in a separate decal of their own.

Hide all other geometry that you don't need and Apply the decal in a view that will minimize distortion.

Ya know............yall are hard on me alot, and I like that! I learn from it!

But I gotta say this.............when I do good and I read your responses it truly feels good.

To get good resonses from my peers really means alot to me.

Now if I can just animate this video with the skills to impress you as well..........

We shall see.

But thanks for all your responses.

means the world to me. :D

Gene

• Admin
yall are hard on me alot, and I like that! I learn from it!

But I gotta say this.............when I do good and I read your responses it truly feels good.

Gene,

I hope everyone takes note of your response.

If someone were to suggest I dent a hat on my character I'd probably think... "Yeah right... I'll get right on that." ;)

What I've taken to doing here in the forum, especially of late, is adding at least one observation where I see potential for improvement in each response. I don't just pick something at random though, I tend to think about it a lot. If I can't think of some constructive feedback I may delay my response. Perhaps someone can provide a little more more constructive feedback than what I've got.

The question of course might be what constitutes constuctive response.

Do dents in hats and stretched decal meet the proper criteria for such?

Isn't it good when we can toss a few suggestions back and forth and not take it personally when those ideas are discarded? As you are the one doing the work they are all your ideas to toss.

Suggestions of adding detail to hats and unstretching decals are indications of just how well things are coming along. :)