sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

broken project

Master chief

OK on the side of my main projects i have a project designated for stuff i just come up with bout 12 models in various stages of compilation. when i was trying to come up with a set of materials that would look like a cool shield when AM crashed , now ever time i try and load said project AM auto-crashes , i know theres not much of a chance getting it back but i hope theres a shot.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you can edit the file with a text editor...look at a simple file first to see how it is setup ...then edit the other..you might have to loose part..I think you can send it to hash support and they will fix it . I did fix a few files but that was years ago ..you could also post it here and someone could grab it and look at it

• Hash Fellow

Just to try... put it in a text editor and do a search for "error". let us know if it's there.

But how is you've been saving new versions of your work over the last version? That's a bad habit.

Save versions. It makes it easier to recover a damaged file because you can compare it to the last one to see what changed. And fix it.

And ... for something like that, save your models as separate files instead of embedding them all in one project file. That way, if there's a problem with a model or a texture, you will only have to recover one model instead of all of them.

If you spend enough time looking at a *copy* of your corrupted file in a text editor, with a simple model file to view for reference, you can usually figure out how to save most of your stuff.