sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Design challenged

sumthinwong

I'm new to AM and really have no desire to design or model, I primarilly do this as a hobby, my interest is animation using existing models and characters. I started out using Daz and found its animation tools were limited, switched to Poser and again found it also had its limitations and frustrations. My goal was to create a DVD intro for my home theater hobby. I wish to create short animations that would describe the genre of the movie that would be playing i,e. adventure, horror, sci fi etc. Since I've collected many different theme models and scene's made by Daz, poser and 3dmax, I'm now wondering if these models can be inported into AM for animation. After many search attempts I'm still not sure if this is possible. Also have tried finding characters and models made for AM, I'm finding that this can not only be expensive but hard to find if they exist at all. Are their plugins that would import these models? I know its possible to export from poser to Daz, then export from Daz to 3ds max, but then can you export 3ds max to AM? Thanks for helping this newcomer. Using version 11.1

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
I'm now wondering if these models can be inported into AM for animation. After many search attempts I'm still not sure if this is possible.

Generally not. The shapes maybe, with much work. The rig that makes them move, no. that would have to be be redone properly in A:M.

Also have tried finding characters and models made for AM, I'm finding that this can not only be expensive but hard to find if they exist at all.

Someone is selling expensive A:M models?

There are quite a few free characters on your V11 CD.

You can also buy a CD of A:M models from Hash, although many of them have been made in V13+ and won't load in V11.1

Are their plugins that would import these models? I know its possible to export from poser to Daz, then export from Daz to 3ds max, but then can you export 3ds max to AM? Thanks for helping this newcomer. Using version 11.1

A:M works best with models made in A:M.

I'm thinking more along the lines of your desires to animate and what you want to do with those animations. The models on the extras disk and the the AM disk would have more than enough different characters to do what you want. All of those models are complete, rigged and ready to animate. Even if there is a remote possibility down the road that you might learn to model a little bit in AM you could even change some of these models slightly to suit your needs.

I would invest in the extras disk or download those models (are they available for download?). I think you could spend hours playing with those models before getting bored with them.

-vern

Someone is selling expensive A:M models?

There's Eggington, but they're not expensive:

http://www.eggprops.com/catalog/category_2...ion_Master.html

CD of A:M models from Hash

Extras CD is here:

http://www.hash.com/amtutes/X_Vol001/

You can also buy it at the Hash store, and there is also a DVD from the store available with GBs of stuff. You will need v15 for some, but not all.

When downloading a zip file from the above link, the site has forward slashes in the zip link, so change them to backward slashes, and they will work.

Free models at:

Animating in A:M is much, much easier than Poser, and a lot more fun, especially if the model has a decent rig, like the ones that come with A:M on the CD.

Thanks to most of you for your helpful replies, your assistance is very much appreciated. There does seem to be a mixed variety of characters on the extra's dvd that do look promising and could help my HT theme's, again thank you for your help. My mention of "expensive"is of course relative, comparatively and in my research most AM models are, that is in relation to Daz, Poser or 3ds max which as I mentioned, I'm more familiar with, I realize that this difference is due somewhat to their marketing tragedy to expand their markets to more people of interest, which for them "freebie" is the rule of thumb. And Yes I have an older version of AM, which I've "owned" for a few years, using it was not on my agenda when purchased for me as I had other toys to play with. I hope that satisfy's your curiosity, Ms.