Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

HELP!

cpw08

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try reading the manual and doing the tutorials they're great help. I don't quite know what your asking.

like eyes ears nose or if im doing spiderman the spider on his chest and last but not least how do i add color?

Try reading the manual and doing the tutorials they're great help. I don't quite know what your asking.

like eyes ears nose or if im doing spiderman the spider on his chest and last but not least how do i add color?

The book has a tutorial about modeing a face do that and there are countless other tut here.

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showforum=50

Warning: The content advisory board has concluded that this post is in bad taste and has no semblance to any real or useful tutorial of any kind. Don't try this at home or anywhere else for that matter. This is a joke, and a bad one at that. Do not take seriously and proceed at your own risk.

A Colorful Model

To add color, be sure you are in the front view with the shaded model centered. You have to do this in two steps, but let me walk you through the first one, then the second will be very easy, just adjust the view to the rear and repeat the steps I am about to tell you. The first thing you want to do is check to see if all the normals are facing the correct way. Normals are just a feature that shows if all the mesh is facing in or out uniformly. I'm no expert on this, so I can't tell you the technical reasons, but trust be it matters when you apply decals. Btw, just in case you're not familiar with the term "mesh"' that's the term used to describe the vertices and splines used to make up your model. Ok, so now you hit the keys "shift" and 1, with shift first and hold, then hit 1. This will bring out the normals indicators on your model and they will look like yellow toothpicks all over your model. This is a good thing if they are all facing the same way, preferably outwards. Some will shurely be facing in and these you will have to adjust to face out. You can do this by using the patch select tool which is the purple button on your tool bar that kinda looks like a sail. Hit that button and your cursor will change to look like the symbol on the button. With that, you can select the patch that has the backwards facing "normal". Once selected, you have to get out of the patch select mode by hitting the ESC key once. If you don't hit the escape key, you won't be able to do anything other than to select another patch. Actually, to select another patch to the one already selected, just hit the shift button before selecting a new patch. This will add the new patch selected to the old one already selected. So now you have all the bad patches, you hit ESC and are ready to turn the "normals" the right way. Well, just hit the "F" key and all the slected normals should turn 180 degrees to their correct positions. After you've done all that and the mesh is tidy and clean, you have to take a deep breath and prepare yourself for the amazing color you are about to apply to your model. Step 1) Go to you local Wallmart or other suitable supply store and get yourself some high quality permanent markers. Step 2) Make sure your monitor screen is free from any fingerprints and or peanut butter. Step 3) If you do have any residue on the screen, make sure your computer is turned off, make sure you saved your progress up to this point, and get some suitable window cleaner or just plain old soap, water, and vinegar. Now begin to remove all the detrius on your screen with your favorite cleaner, having a blow drier handy for those pesky water droplets that are sure to get into the electronic components of your computer. Once cleaned and thoroughly dried, put on some rubber gloves along with some rubber boots and turn on your computer, preferably from about three or four feet away - to avoid the flames and sparks that might spue out of your computer/monitor. If everything went well and you and or your computer aren't fried to a crisp, start up AM with yur project and mosel in the front view again. Now comes the fun part - take your favorite colored permanent marker and start coloring away on your screen. Since you just got done cleaning your screen, the marker should work well on that shiny clean screen. Keep switching colors to give the whole model some vibrant life, but do remember to chose your colors wisely since this is a one time deal and you'll have to live with these colors on your screen for the rest of your life. Btw, don't move the location of your model, since the process of cleaning the permanent marker off your screen involves heavy duty electrical equipment including but not limited to a high speed orbital grinder, a belt sander, and an acetyline torch. Let me know if you need a tutorial on that process as well.

Hope that helps :wacko:

• Admin
Are these oil based or latex magic markers?

Yes, of course. :)

Hang in there cpw... you'll get there.

But download and read that manual thoroughly.

Most of the answers to questions you can find there.

Go easy on the kid guys. Play friendly.

Asking and answering questions is why were are here in the forum.

That's the easy part...just run into the garage, open your toolbox, grab a mallet (or any blunt heavy object you find laying around), and go to town on your monitor. One word of advice though, some monitors have a pesky plastic film on them. If you've got one of those, you really gotta put some elbow grease into your swing when you make those bump maps. Have fun :P

cpw08,

As Eric2575 said in his disclaimer, his posting was a joke, (and rich in humor content, I might add) and a bunch of us have jumped on the bandwagon, because humor in our little digital world is more fun than all the stuff going on "out there". I risk speaking out of turn for Eric, but I'm fairly certain it was not meant to be at your expense. I have found the people involved with this forum to be kind, helpful, and extremely generous with their knowledge and insight.

Work the exercises in ToaA:M. That is the best start. Learn to use the forum search. have a chocolate Chip cookie, I think there might be one left.

Now about that bump map, does it have to be a mallet? I have a nice Ball Peen hammer . . . .

• Admin

One of the great things about this forum is the humor.

Its can be dangerous too yes? ;)

Hopefully everyone doesn't take such feedback too seriously and can pull from it the elements they need to be successful.

Then with the added humor the lessons learned can even proceed to the next level.

When everyone is laughing and having a great time they generally are learning together.

Humor is also a great release for stress.

One general rule of humor: When targeting be careful who gets caught in your crosshairs.

Another general rule of humor: Someone will always be offended.

As long a everyone keeps the communication flowing, keeps progressing in their skills and get good feedback we are reaching our goals here.