Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Facade

Here is a model for my short film project. It is far from completed and this is not the main building model of the project but I put that together so I can start testing lighting setups.

C&C welcome

Facade1a0.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats a great looking place,Yves.

Really seems to have a lot of "age" to it -as though its been there a long time- nothing to do with textures, just the architecture seems to fit. Apart from the letter box having no hole and the drain pipe not going to a drain, I cant think of anything to change, I am looking forward to seeing a textured render.

Chris

@jakerupert: This is a house facade from Quebec city old town. So this is French architecture. BTW, this is the 400th anniversary of Quebec city this year. Quebec city is the oldest city in North America and there are some very old and nice houses in the old town.

@c-wheeler: This house facade was meant to be seen only as a background so the modeling is already quite detailed for that purpose. This said, the model turned out better than I expected so I might decide to use it a little nearer to the camera than I originally planed. But apart from adding more details, it would need bevels and that is the sort of detailing that is better planned from the start of the modeling process rather than added as an afterthought.

@kamikaze: It is a 4 minute long film based on a (french) song from local artist. A video-clip in a way. It is the story of a 15y old boy, new in a neighborhood, who is having difficulties being integrated in a local group of kids. The song is very slow and moody and the lirics are not explicit about the story but are rather evocative. The film and animation will be very moody as well. Not much action.

Looking forward to this!

Although I was taken aback by Quebec City being the oldest city in North America.

Turns out Quebec City has to put some caveats on their claim. Wikipedia says it is "considered to be the first European-built city in non-Spanish North America." In other words, if you pretend Spain isn't part of Europe. :-)

St. Augustine, Florida was founded in 1565 and is the oldest in the continental US. Mexico has even older cities.

Cool, cool, cool!

I am seriously looking forward to watching the development of this project. This is going to be a fun ride.

Looks great so far Yves. Can't wait to see more. I like the downhill slope of the street. It's a nice touch.

Joe.