Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

problems with new Animation Master

roc99

i just installed A:M last night and i'm already having problems

whenever i try to shade render a charecter, it doesn't work right. the parts that shouldn't show show, like the toung or teeth, and ther's no hair on the charecter with the entire model looking transparent instead of solidly shaded.

also in order to even start A:M i have to have the disk in the computer. i'm wondering if this is normal. and finaly i have no idea how to get anything from the extras dvd.

please help

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also in order to even start A:M i have to have the disk in the computer. i'm wondering if this is normal

Yes, having the disk in the drive when you boot is the copy protect scheme, you can take it out once AM is booted.

i have no idea how to get anything from the extras dvd

It is a data DVD, put it into your DVD drive and explore the drive like any other. If you don't have a DVD drive it will not work.

Can you post an example of your rendering problem, it may be your video card, you may just have to hit spacebar it refresh. Check to make sure you have the latest video card drivers.

I just installed A:M last night and Im already having problems.

"Whenever I try to shade render a charecter, it doesn't work right. the parts that shouldn't show show, like the toung or teeth, and ther's no hair on the charecter with the entire model looking transparent instead of solidly shaded".

Depending on what mode you are working in things will appear different. Also, what directions are the patches facing. use the options box to select show normals (temporarily) to show their direction. backwards facing Normals can be flipped. Also, for hair you must have that render option turned on to see it.

"Also in order to even start A:M i have to have the disk in the computer. I'm wondering if this is normal"?

YES, this is a software security measure to mitigate piracy. If desired, for an additional fee a Dongle is available to free up the drive. Also the disk only needs to be in while the software loads. Once it's running, the disk can be removed.

"Finaly I have no idea how to get anything from the extras dvd".

There is a web style interface that can be used (HTML) or use Windows Explorere to browse the disk. Or from the Animation Master open project or open model option you may browse the disk.

"Please help"

Help is on the way.....

AM works well and you will be happy with the program.

However, you must do a few things first....

1. If you've 'only' installed the program from the CD, you need to go online -- Hash's site -- and now install the latest update. For instance, version 13.0s is the latest version (note the 's' at the end).

2. Go online and install the latest drivers for your graphics card (very important). In rare cases older drivers -- specific versions -- work better. Search this forum for your graphics card type.

3. Now try it!

Note: if you are using V14 Beta 2... well, its a Beta though my own experiments with it show it works well.

BTW, when you post a problem, always state which version of AM you own... you can place this plus your system specs in your signature.

Have fun (you will),

Rusty

i have the 2007 version and i'll get back to you guys on the specs of my computer

what concerns me is that i quite literally just ttok the computer out of the box. its a brand new dell.

also about the cd, the trouble that i have is that i don't know how to save/copy/open the discs stuff on the animation master programm. i open it directly from the disc, but i don't know how to add it to my library.

finaly, i'm having trouble selecting a specific bone and moving it. i click directly on the bone, and more often than not it isn't selected. than instead of moving it emediatly, i have to hover around the bone untill i find a move icon. aren't you just supposed to click on the bone once than use the dot on the tip of the bone to moce it around?

• Hash Fellow
i click directly on the bone, and more often than not it isn't selected. than instead of moving it emediatly, i have to hover around the bone untill i find a move icon. aren't you just supposed to click on the bone once than use the dot on the tip of the bone to moce it around?

When bones overlap each other clicking on the tip of the bone is the best way to select it.

However, if you need to rotate the bone hit R after you select it and use the XYZ rotate manipulator that appears for better control rather than dragging the tip.

Translating a bone in an action or choreography is a "two step" process. Click once to select then, click/drag the base to move it.

If you want to rotate the bone grab the tip and drag and it rotates.

As was mentioned this might not be good since dragging the tip for rotation won't limit the axis of movement. You could rotate in unexpected directions.

The problem occurs with many bones overlapping. It can become difficult to select a bone for translating. It might be easy to click on the tip to select it if it sticks out, but then you have to click the base to move it.

You can always use the arrow keys to move a bone or If you want to limit translation select the bone and press "N" and you can drag in a specific axis and you won't have to worry about the other bones that overlap.

-vern

the problem isn't with moving the bone but with actually selecting it. i click on an arm bone, and it isn't selected. i click i several times, and it's still not selected. only after trying like twenty times is it selected, and then i accidently click off of it and have to start over.

the truoble is mainly with arms and legs, but this hardly seems as easy as the program states it should be. are you SUPPOESED TO CLICK DIRECTLY ON THE BONE? because it isn't working.

and please tell me how to add models and other things into my library

i feel totally stupid asking this but how would i post a screen capture. do i just take a picture with a camera and scan etc, etc?

also i tried calling hash for support but nobody answered. what would be the best time to call them (i live in washington so use that thime zone)

i feel totally stupid asking this but how would i post a screen capture. do i just take a picture with a camera and scan etc, etc?

also i tried calling hash for support but nobody answered. what would be the best time to call them (i live in washington so use that thime zone)

To screencap; press Ctrl and Print Scr/Sys Rq (on the right hand corner of your keyboard next to the Scroll Lock button). Then open your Paint program (or any similar program) and simply paste.

I live on the west coast and there was never a time tht I called and no one answered (unless of course Jason found a girl friend). I usually call between 9:00 and 3:00

You can make a Screenshot by pushing the print-button on your keyboard, than go to photoshop, or you favorite Graphic-programm and paste it there...

*Fuchur*