Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Shaggy Takes A Stroll In The Real World

Tralfaz

Downloaded the Iccarus software which analyzes video and re-creates a camera tracking solution which can then be imported into A:M.

The video clip is from the Iccarus tutorials. I followed along with the documentation to create the tracking solution and exported the track into an A:M v9.5 project. The project loaded just fine into A:M 13. Then took Shaggy and added him to the chor and had hip skip merrily through the scene.

For a first shot at doing this, I think it turned out fairly well (as far as the camera tracking goes). I know the lighting does not match the scene and Shaggy is too crisp and sharp compared to the video, but it was just a test.

C&C always welcome...

Al

[attachmentid=23211]

[attachmentid=23210]

test2.mov

test50.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tralfaz

I can only seem to download half of the flick…

It does look good, bit like a slow motion home video with camera shake like in real life.

I did notice one little thing though, Shaggy's hand twist un-naturally when he rises up. This might be IK popping or whatever it is called.

Usually I find there is a rogue frame in the action where the bone flips out and back again which is fixed by adding a new key frame to bring the 'flipping' inline.

Nice looking. I just recently started to play with icarus myself, might need it for a personal project I'm currently working on. It work fairly good when I analyzed a clip where I've used a tripod, but not when I tried to analyze a clip where I hadn't. that means, It looked good in Icarus, but when imported into A:M it was very offset, but its probably some settings for it, or it could be the quality of my clip.

Cool Al! I've downloaded Icarus at some point but have never gotten a chance to play with it. I almost wish I could see shaggy just standing there scratching his head so that you could see how well the sync was. With him sliding along it's a little hard to tell if the sync is good or not, but it does seem like he's fairly locked to the picture.

Thanks for posting the example,

-Ethan

gazzamataz:

Not sure why you would be able to download only have the video. The skipping that Shaggy does is the standard Skipping Action that comes in the Action library.

agep:

I used the Icarus pdf User Guide when I created the camera tracking solution. It was well laid out and pretty easy to follow. I first used their Distortion app to remove any distortion that was present in the original video. Next, I used the undistorted in the Calibration app to calibrate the camera, determine the focal length and create the tracking solution. The solution was then used in A:M.

Ethan:

Here is a video example of Shaggy skipping along with a stationary "Lazy Dude". The tracking solution looks pretty good with a stationary object in the scene. Starting to get pretty excited about playing around with this stuff. My next test will be take some video that I shoot and try to integrate the CG into it.

Thanks...

Al

[attachmentid=23239]

test2b.mov

• 1 year later...
Hi can't seem to find the download file for icarus, page seems to have gone.

Could someone send it to me. (i have the plugin).

Try this link

http://www.peerlessproductions.com/tuts/pages/Icarus.html

There is both a Mac and Windows version as well as video tutorials in both Divx and QuickTime formats. Also has some video files like the building in the test I did earlier.

And here is the link for the A:M plugin.

http://www.kci-group.com/z/icarus.htm

Hope this helps...

Al

Those are nice examples. Is every one here loading their Icarus data directly into A:M?

In case people have forgotten I wrote a program some time ago that converts Icarus files into A:M project files, with camera tweaking possibilities. The main reason I wrote this program was that I for some reason the Icarus data did not work in A:M back then, apparently it works again with current versions.

Anyways, if you guys like you try my converter, you can find it here: www.zigncreations.com/icam