Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

my new movie

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The spline layout looks ok, but there are some creases. That can only mean they're dead end splines. The main one is on the chin.

You've done the textures already though. That and hair! You mustn't be new to 3D.

The hands look abit boxy. Maybe they need to be rotated for rigging too. So the palms face the ground.

Nice work!

That and hair! You mustn't be new to 3D.

Nice work!

Actually this is my 2nd finished model ( that is if i finish this one). and this is the first time i tried hair, but i had to test out a bunch of deferent settings.

You could make a bump map in PS, and apply it as a decal of the "bump" type in the flyout in the properties of the decal in the PWS.

I assume the jacket is a felt like material? I have a bump from the fedora I modeled a while back I can upload it for you tomorrow if you like.

Here's the bump map that I used on a felt fedora (hat).

[attachmentid=17016]

right click, save target as...

hope it helps, though it may not be dense enough for the jacket. And the jacket may have a weave pattern that would be visible up close.

That said, if you're going to animate him, you won't really need this fine a texture, as he'll be moving all the time.

fedorabump.jpg

Thanks for the texture I am putting it on now. as for the tutorials i used....hmmmm..well i actually didnt use just one tutorial, i used a whole bunch. I really dont remember them all. But what helped me the most was scavanging throught the foum and looking at other peoples models wireframes. the best tutorial i've seen is colin freeman's: http://www.colins-loft.net/tutorials.html

hope it helps you!

Ok. I was playing with ps and some texture and i came up with this. You gotta view it full size to see all the detail. I dont really know how but when i stoped this was on the screen. Go figure :blink: what do you'all think?

post-9147-1148687372_thumb.jpg

Just saw this... really good job! 2nd model and 12 years old? Amazing.

The model's great as is but a few things come to mind:

= The straps hanging down from the hat beg for dynamic constraints!

= If you have a spline on the pants going down the sides... you might try to select the cross splines and peak them (P key) to get a subtle side hem down the sides.

= The head is really good... there's a spline running horizontally through the chin that squares off a little too much -- one or two 'lifter' splines (splines that would lift the mesh up) could be stitched in to smooth it out.

Cheers,

Rusty

hmmmm... Maybe i should've posted my model in the rigging section. i've started drawing concepts for the super weapon and Johns parant's and will start modeling soon