Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Old Film Noir Art

Hello! I haven't posted in a long time...but I thought that my friends at Hash would like to see some old stuff that I recently revamped.

The first you may remember from a while ago, but I recently went crazy in Photoshop and I think it turned out really well.

The second is a newer one that I think turned out really well. The figure was done in A:M and then put onto the Photoshoped clouds.

Tell me what you think![attachmentid=14353][attachmentid=14354]

oldroomother.jpg

smokescene.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are very nice, particularly the first two. Exceedingly minor gripes about the first image: (1) the chest seems a bit too well-developed, and (2) the letter in the foreground doesn't help. Either make it grubbier (so it's not so obvious) or remove it (which would add to the mystery of the image). The silhouette could very well be taken from a photo of a real person, so it's similarity to the guy in the first image suggests you haven't cheated - very nice!!

BTW How much Photoshopping did you do? If you could replicate the first image in A:M, but animated - something simple, like the man looking around, or getting up and walking out of shot - I think it would be fabulous.

Hey Stuart, thanks for your suggestions. This image is photoshopped too far at this point. Here is the image as it is rendered in A:M. It's funny you said something about the letter. The first time I posted it, people said that something needed to be in the foreground.

[attachmentid=14600]

Hey Rob! You're the one that really made me decide to bring this in to PS and have fun with it! Good to see here from you again.

Here's a different version of the first picture I worked on...I think adding green makes the color scheme work out better

[attachmentid=14601]

oldroomfour.jpg

oldroom2.jpg