sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Tunnel flyer

I know, making a tunnel, and have a camera flying trough is one of the very first ideas almost every AM artist comes up with, in an very early stage ... anyway, i deceided to do something like this, just for fun, again.

The tunnel is a bit longer and the flyby will have about 1000 frames. The texture is a enhance Darktree (i can highly recomend Darktree and enhance Dartktree), and i used a bloom post effect on the camera. I am quite happy with the rendering.

What i am thinking about, is to make the athmosphere more submarine like, have the fog a bit stronger and add some solwly drifting particles ... jsut an idea ... what do you think?

cheers, Heiner

Endlos_Tunnel_4___0.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks cool . . . i never got that idea though.

I think it would be cooler if you flew threw there, then the last 3 seconds when the camera emerges, have it pan out and you can see the mystic dragon flying (comingi out of its mountain home), sweeping low to the trees to get its dinner.

Nice job

Ben

Thanks for the input,

sorry, there are no animals involved into this animation, because i want it to be as neutral as possible (trying to set up a collection of basic animation footage, which can be used a background fo other stuff).

Regarding light: I have a light constrained to the camera path, and it is flying quite a bit ahead of the camera. I am also thinking of doing a version, wherein the light has a lensflare, like a photon torpedo.

Cheers,

Heiner

looks like an interesting start

My tunnel

http://johnl.inform.net/pages/tubular.htm

sprite follow

http://johnl.inform.net/pages/9particle18.htm

and as mentioned roller coaster by agep my version

http://johnl.inform.net/pages/9test7.htm

yours looks interesting will look for post

Hi there,

the tunnel i made is based on a cicle with 8 controll points. All deformations of the tunnel shape itself is based on deformations of these cps. Now i started to add some stalagtites and stalagimites, which are seperate from the main modell. But i use the same settings for the material and the spots where the models blend work quite niceley, there are no bad changes in the texture.

Regards,

Heiner

Endlos_Tunnel_4___0022.jpg