Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

The Final version of Animation guy is here!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one reason why I love AM community!

Nowhere, I mean NOWHERE there are so much amazing people willing to share their models with the community...

Thank you! (and thanks to Talbot, Destochers, Uvicus, entity, johnartbox and many many others who I forgot to mention)

Drvarceto

Got to play with your rig at lunch today. Looks pretty functional. I think you should change the feet to nulls, they are so much easier to grab and move than regular bones. I don't care for the elbow and knee position sliders, I think it is easier to move the target nulls themselves, especially if you want to move one knee or elbow and not the other.

Your hand clench pose didn't close all the way, but you may have intended that. The color change slider was cool, handy for using the same model multiple times in a choreography.

Have fun with it.

Scott

Fishman,

I did mean to not make the fist close all the way..any further would cause too much seaping between the finger joints. I've updated the model thanks to your help :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Animation Guy 1.2!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys,

I've changed the feet control to a null instead of a normal bone...I also took off the "elbow target position" slider, but I didn't take off the knee one. I felt the knee poser would be used more than the elbow pose if anybody does use them..

I also added a "show finger controls" pose slider so you don't have trouble selecting a bone whenever you are animating...

Without further ado, I give you Animation guy 1.2!

Animationguy1_2.prj

I'm going overboard with this, but hey!

Wow..two versions in one night :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Animation guy 1.3

----------------------------------------------------------------

New features:

-->Uber poses

+Miscellaneous

-Fat torso

-body color change

+Head Shape

-top portion of head

-Middle portion " "

-Bottom portion " "

+Head size

- Head size x, y, and z axis (each axis=different pose)

+Arms/Legs

-Bicep Size

-Forearm Size

-Thigh Size

-Calf Size

Forgive me if I forgot anything :)

Just a little preview: (project file in next post)

post-8-1118806022.png

Yeah...I like that style a lot too!

Not only does it look cool, but it also takes away an problems with creases in joints when it comes to animating

EDIT: What if I added a new feature:

the "fat torso" slider is at 100 percent and then stomach bones appear so mass can be added to the belly when animating

Sweet! That flatters me :)

I have a question for anybody who uses this...would you like a version with FK arms? I just watched Jeff Lew's vid and found out arcs aren't very good with IK arms...so, would you guys want me to make a slider of "FK arms"

Sweet! That flatters me :)

I have a question for anybody who uses this...would you like a version with FK arms? I just watched Jeff Lew's vid and found out arcs aren't very good with IK arms...so, would you guys want me to make a slider of "FK arms"

That would be cool ... When i get around to trying your rig on my character i would prefer FK

Problem, your uber poses and and face poses will not transfer to a new model, they are muscle poses, you could change them by scaling the bone instead. A few suggestions, remove the translate contrains on the pelvis and stomach and place them as children of the hip null. Also, move the tips of the thighs to the center of the knee spheres like you have the elbows.

• 2 weeks later...

mt,

I didn't create this guy for use w/ the rig...I didn't even know people would want to use it...if I specifically made the rig for use of other people I'd create bone uber poses. I thought people would just be interested in the model itself