Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Loon from Tin Woodsman

I was rather intrigued by the Loons, so I just had to make one....( the original illustration just didn't do it for me..)

I did it with Photoshop. I didn't like the idea of the "warts", but I thought there should be some sort of scar from a puncture wound, so I went with patches, like an old tire, but after he was done I thought of crossed tape, so I put one on his belly. It doesn't say whether or not they wear clothes, so I didn't give him any. I figure with no genetalia or :unsure: (There's just no delicate way to say it) buttcrack, he shouldn't really look naked, but I had to give him a belly button. Where else would you stick the airhose? :blink:

post-7-1115957873.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He he. It's good to see that someone else is wanting to add an interpretation. :D

He looks like a mean little perforator. A couple of things that you may have overlooked is that they should have a slightly dished head and hands like boxing gloves but, hey, it's your interpretation and that's cool. :)

That looks cool. :) I don't know if he has all the requirements in the book though. I think the warts are probably one of the memorable/distinctive descriptions of them.

Creeps me out....and thats a good thing.....

Does Loons comes from Lunatic ? I wonder

(sorry havent read the script...am in the process of DLing a text to speech program to read it to me.)

Michael

Wikipedia

lunatic

A lunatic (colloquially: "loony") is a pejorative term for a person who is mentally ill, dangerous, foolish or unpredictable.

The word gains its stem from the Latin "luna" for moon, which denotes the traditional link made in folklore between madness and the phases of the moon. This probably refers to the symptoms of cyclic mood disorders such as bipolar disorder or cyclothymia, the symptoms of which may also go through phases. However, there is little evidence for any causal link between phases of the moon and the progression of mood disorder symptoms.

In a 1999 paper, Raison et. al. put forward the interesting hypothesis that the phase of the moon may in the past have had an effect on bipolar patients by providing light during nights which would otherwise have been dark, and affecting susceptible patients through the well-known route of sleep deprivation. With the introduction of electric light, this effect would have gone away, as light would be available every night, explaining the negative results of modern studies. They suggest ways in which this hypothesis might be tested.

Mental institutions used to be called "lunatic asylums" or "loony bins".

In Russian, a lunatic refers to a sleepwalker, literally "one who walks under the moon" or "moonwalker".