Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My Pass the Ball Entry...

Here's a look at my Pass the Ball entry. It still needs some tweaking to make the ball movement smoother during the "circle pass" it needs to be a bit more circular.

Also, when he tosses the ball offscreen, it should be quicker, I think. The final rendering is going to have a volumetric spotlight, too. I might do another one or two if I can come up with the moves and animate it in time.

Lazlojuggle1.mov

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool! I like the look and I think the motions are interesting for the short length.

My only comment is that when the ball first comes on screen his hand is moving from left to right to catch the ball and it seems very stiff. Also, the way the ball lands, it isn't obvious what stops its motion. The hand is horizontal and the ball just stops. I think it would be more convincing if the hand were angled more up (break it at the wrist) and contacted the ball sooner to make it obvious that it was slowing the ball and catching it - that way it would be obvious why the ball came to a halt when the hand came to be horizontal.

Like it a lot!

Scott

fun idea - love how his eyes, head follow the ball motion, and I am intrigued by the very interesting ball manipulation - only crit I have is at the end when he puts his arms down - looks stiff - would like to see some sort of flourish with his hands/ wrist movement - something to indicate the "tada!" moment.

clever stuff.