Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Didn't make the contest but...

Hi

I ran out of time to get my entry in for the Sci-Fi/Fantasy contest. I'm still going to finish it so I thought I would post a detail from a different camera angle and ask for critiques. It's the only way I am going to get past the likes of Mr. Talbot and Mr. Freeman. :)

I'll save the final view for some other time.

I need to tweak the models and the rigging quite a bit more to get rid of some of that creasing and the lighting is currently producing some unsightly patches so I will have to play with that too.

Anyway feel free to comment. :huh:

Cheers

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice shot. Too bad you couldn't finish it. It would be a nice shot to pull into PS and add a nice lens blur to.

The following coment is completely self-motivated.

I guess that just leaves more votes for me!! Ha, ha, ha , ha!!! :P:P

(Just teasing)

Nice mood, colors, lighting, excelent fairy lady modeling -

Composition wise - it works - but would like a bit more dynamic line - fairy-lady on the right could be higher to lead the eye a bit more - also the vegetation on the left is too repetitive - looks like all the leaves are the same - could use some more variation -

too bad you didn't finish it - good job!

(just noticed you said this wasn't the final view - so don't know how relevant my comments are)

I guess that just leaves more votes for me!! Ha, ha, ha , ha!!!

Yeah! Go for it, Chris!

Nancy, thanks for the kind words. Everything else you say is correct. In the final shot the focal point is high and just off of centre and everything cascades down from there.

The little white flowers were put together quickly and I haven't gone back to add some of nature's randomness yet.

Very nice image. I hope you continue to refine it. I like the overall feel and mood and I think the fairies are very well modeled. It's a shame that it wasn't in the contest. Hope to see more of this...

Tony

I hope you continue to refine it.

Thanks, Tony! I intend to get back to this image very soon and will post when I have made some improvements.

Colin, thanks for the compliment but I hardly think so. I'm doing my best to keep your shelves from collapsing under the weight of trophies but you've gotta be in it to win it. :)

That is a very interesting effect that you have used in your entry this time. When the voting is finished I would really like to hear more about your entry, particularly the landscape. Brilliant!

love the compostion, the colors and the mood! I especially like the veining in the wings - VERY nice touch.

I think the lower fairy looks like she is going to slid of the toadstool, though. I would not know how to fix it, though? Maybe a indentation in the cap or hook her legs around the edge, I don't know.

I like the mood this picture evokes! I may be blind, but What creasing?

A suggestion - the fairy-lady on the right she melts into the greenery - better take her away

She does a little but ... have you ever seen a fairy? Maybe that's why. :D

The final render will be from a different viewpoint so what you are seeing here is not the planned composition.

I think the lower fairy looks like she is going to slid of the toadstool

Yes, she does a bit. :) I will make certain that she looks more secure in the final pic. Don't forget that she's not human though.

two things: i'm a big tight crop advocate, so i'd like to see them fill the frame more

second: what are they looking at?

I agree and I disagree on the cropping. Tightly cropped images ensure the attention is not lost on the background but these are faires. They are small and they can blend into the background. To crop too close would remove the few references to scale that remain.

I am glad that you are curious as to what has caught their attention. :)

Thank you all for your interest and taking the time to comment. Some good points made and hopefully I'll have them covered in the final image. :)

I should get to spend some time on it tomorrow.

Very nice! The only thing that bother's me is thier feet. Maybe it's just fairy feet but they look a bit large and the way they bend at the ankle doe's not look natural the rest is fantastic. I haven't tried modelling feet yet so I may not be qualified to crit. But that is the only thing I see that look's odd.

The way the left fairie is sitted is kind of unnatural. Maybe it has something to do with the weight balance. You could try moving one of the legs to provide it or bend the back a little forward. That's the only thing i see that is unusual.

Too bad it didn't make it to the contest. It would have wiped our asses (wait a moment I should be thankful it didn't)