adamP

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and a wireframe if anyone's interested.

It still needs to be tweaked a little, but my main concern is do the shoulders and hips look like they will give me trouble as far as creasing? I'm not sure because I've never modeled a single unified mesh before.

post-7-1103648598.jpg

Thanks a lot guys

Forgive the side-by-side here but it's easier to see the work you've put into it.

I wish I woulda done that ;)

I like the neck area on the old one

I've still got some tweaking to do and I'm going to try and shape his shoulders a little better so that the space from his neck to his arm isnt' a fairly flat surface.

What might help with the torso is to have the hooks that are connected to the patches next to the five pointers replaced with a control point and continue those splines down to where you have the hooks at the hips...making it a continuous spline instead of the hooks at the waist as well (I hope I made sense). The hooks tend to cause some flattening.

The lines on the crotch and legs look like a shaded mode render of a model with porcelin applied...or is this a final render? If it's not a final render, see if it shows up when you render in that mode.

Hope this helps.

If it's not a final render, see if it shows up when you render in that mode.

no, it is a final render :(

What might help with the torso is to have the hooks that are connected to the patches next to the five pointers replaced with a control point and continue those splines down to where you have the hooks at the hips...making it a continuous spline instead of the hooks at the waist as well

Is this what you are talking about?

post-7-1104249226.jpg

go to your hash cd, find the material called porcelain and drop it onto your model.

you will see it smoother in the final render.

I forget which folder it is in exactly, but its like in the geometry folder in the materials folder.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

I was looking at it a little wrong initially, but, I would've continued the splines the way this illustrates in red. The green circles indicate the hooks that are causing the flattening. Porcelain (or however it's spelled) would get rid of most of your problems...just set it at "0" with the material applied. If porcelain doesn't cure the flattening problem, you'll have to move a few splines around.

Hey Mike, I have a quick question for ya.

Does the mesh for the shoulders and hips look like it will give me a hard time when it comes to rigging?

OM, your mesh looks great to me. The strength of this software is in it's ability to make great looking models with low low patch count. A lot of people model with entirely too many splines.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com