Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Indiana Jones

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's the 2001 Skeleton off the new CD. Did I just rig it wrong or what? I haven't had this problem before.

Modeling and texturing was done completely by me except for the hands, which I was planning on replacing anyway

Just wanted to show you his back because I spent a lot of time on it.

indyback.jpg

There seems to be a problem with the bicep bone twisting, I've also experienced this. Not really sure how to fix it. If this is happening when you just turn on the IK arms, try moving the null targets up a little bit in bones mode. That will help the default position. When animating try to avoid moving the null past the forearm. Hope that helps. Nice model too.

Hey thanks for the comments!

I just took a screenshot of the wireframe version, so that's probably why.

Haven't done a whole lot more with the Indy model, but this is part of the wall he's going to start next to, anyone remember the old Fate of Atlantis video game? This is for you ;)

wall.jpg

This is how to solve the problem of twisting arms in the 2001 rig. I made a post about this to the mailing list a while back, but apparently it's not part of the forum's archive.

In the IK Arms Setup relationship, the left and right forearm bones have Kinematic Chain constraints to their respective hand targets. Within the properties of the Kinematic Chain constraints, "Support Limits/Damping" is turned on by default. If you turn this property off, the biceps will no longer twist when the hand targets are extended beyond the wrist.