Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Trike Final picture

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! Fantastic texturing work! Nice job.

I think the only thing that I would change would be the composition. All that sky does nothing for the picture. Try cropping off most of the sky, unless it's area reserved for type or something. If the sky has to remain, I would put something else in to break that flat horizon line.

Just my thoughts on how to make a really well done image a little better.

Jim

• Admin

Reminding me of good 'ol Brian Prince.... (don't know that you have his patience for detail within the detail though) ;)

It already is really nice! I like the 'story' that is being told in the image...

Playing with the lighting would make this piece REALLY sweet.

For instance the light seems to come from pretty much everywhere all at the same time... as suggested a bit of variation in the sky would improve the scene a lot too.

Nice work!

Pretty impressive. I agree with Jim...something to break up the background.

More work, but maybe a nice old, dilapidated barn (and I mean really old), just the upper area and roof peaking above the grass, walls tilted/roof shifted. Or maybe an old rusty farm tractor.

Also, I'd use the sky plugin that comes with AM and a dome (or mapped sky onto dome).

Otherwise, excellent piece!

Did you place the riverstones by hand, or use something like hair (or flocking)?

I am using a dome and the multisky plugin to create the sky.

The rocks in the water is just a texture. It turned out just right

I have been wanting to add something to the back ground. A very old

barn is what it will mostlikly be.

Thanks again for all your comments.

Scandog

Great work here, Scandog!

Only two things to crit that I can see... The sky looks proceedural and the lighting is very flat.

Drop your main sun light down closer to the horizon and warm it up a bit to add some variation to the lighting. This seems to be a "remembering the good-old-days" type of image and a more sunset style lighting scheme would help bring out that mood nicely.

I've only played with multisky so I don't know how to make it produce better clouds... I've always used photographs or painted my skys in Photoshop. Do whatever you like, but that sky is really the only thing that looks "CG".

Oh... I guess this is three things... That is on BIG red ladybug on the rock! The rest of your color palette is fairly cool and not very saturated. That red dot just seems out of place.

And on the good side: Your texturing on the wagon and the riverbed are just awesome! I was floored when you said the rocks are just a texture map.

Keep it up!