Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

We've lost another one....

Vong

Richard Willimot aka Pengy, a former A:M user, passed away today at the age of 48.

A couple of years ago he ended up with a collapsed lung and was in the hospital for over a year. We had been hoping that he would be getting better and that he'd be back to joking and animating with those of us who still hang out in the #hash3d IRC channel.

He will be missed.

Godspeed, on your new adventure, Pengy!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I'm very sad to hear this and hadn't realized he had been hospitalized.

I fondly remember the days when he first launched the interviews with key people in the A:M Community via #hash3D. Those were always fun, entertaining and educational and William was always the consummate professional (knowing how to have keep the fun in the effort even while taking on the task directly and seriously).

I always enjoyed accidentally running into William and seeing his name in a number of different animation-related corners of the internet as he befriended other animation enthusiasts and labored to assist them and encourage their projects and development. His interest in animation was infectious. I always got a chuckle out of his fondness for animating frogs despite his online name which inevitably conjured up images of penguins even to the point where I found myself second guessing if it was William behind the online posts I ran into attributed to 'Pengy'. If it was animation related a little investigation Inevitably revealed it was him.

He left us too soon and I'm sorry for your loss at #hash3d.

Very, very sad to hear that.

RIP...

And I am still shocked how young people are when they die...

Where I am from it is really very uncommon that you die before 75-80 years of age... (average for a male is about 87)

(okay – traffic accidents and stuff like that but not more or less natural or threadable cases)

See you

*Fuchur*