Hash, Inc. Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cribbidaj

Global Ambience fun

Here's a short gig promo I created in A:M recently. I really like the Global Ambience option and parameters the software offers. Thanks to Nancy Gormezano for her posts regarding this subject. Her work is illuminating.

Jack In The Box.mov

• Like 2

Thanks John - the render times were very reasonable - between 2:48 and 3:11 min per frame.

At some point I'm considering doing a Globial Ambience render of something and then bringing the frames into a paint program to add color to parts of the models in order to add some hand drawn color & shimmer and shake to the final animation. Not quite envisioning how I want to approach it. For this choreography I rendered every 2 frames. I also find rendering every 4 frames instead of every 3 gives my movements a pleasing stop-motion aesthetic, similar to the the Rankin/Bass Christmas films of the 60's.

Also, I was reading on the forums that the Darktree materials and SimbiontAM don't work with A:M version 18. Is that correct?

Also, I was reading on the forums that the Darktree materials and SimbiontAM don't work with A:M version 18. Is that correct?

Darktrees haven't worked on the Mac platform for many years but they still work (on the PC).

Here's a quick verification rendered in v19Beta2.

Simbiont still working.png