Hash, Inc. Forums

David's TAOA:M Journal

Exercise 2

Rendered at VGA resolution - only took 4 1/2 minutes on the Surface Pro 3. Love the power and the ability to animate and play animation in real time in the chor window :)

Used AE to Compress avi to .Mov H264 (43mb down to 5.5mb) Love my Adobe CC (everything) Subscription :)

Comp 1.mov

• Admin

It's great to have you working through TaoA:M David!

2015 is looking to be a very good year.. :yay:

Love my Adobe CC (everything) Subscription :)

Woot! (Don't be too vocal in that praise or you are liable to catch a few stray shots from the anti-adobe peeps)

I must confess that I've used CC a whole lot less since Black Magic Fusion became my primary compositor.

I need to use the various apps of CC more to justify the expense.

Hi Rodney,

Here in Australia full versions of each Adobe product used to sell for more that $2000AU each (and the Adobe store did not reduce the price for the downloadable versions either). I now pay less than $50/mth subscription for the entire suite. I could use free stuff (like Blender for example) but it is just so much easier and quicker in AE.

Cheers

David

• 3 weeks later...

Exercise 5

Took time to re-figure out how to fix sliding feet but got there in the end. Fought through some interface issues on the OSX version not helped by the rather small size of things on a 15" MacBook Pro screen at 2550 x 1800 res! Things happen and look so much better/easier on my Windows version even on the smaller screened Surface Pro 3!

Comp 1.mov

• Admin

He's got some swagger going on there. (that's a good thing!) :)

even on the smaller screened Surface Pro 3!

I've caught myself several time wanting a Surface Pro... then I remind myself that after I moved to my laptop my productivity went down.

(I've since passed my laptop on to my daugther and am back on a desktop)

There is just something about sitting down at a desktop that gets my creativity going.

(probably the fact that with a laptop I do lazy things like trying to work while laying down on the couch! Not bad for checking the forum and answering email but very very not conducive to splining!)