sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Choreography Markers

I started to use markers in the chors a while back. The work has improved since !

However, sometimes they appear and sometimes they don't?

For example, have just setup some in a top view and entered the place values for them. The arrows are there on the window frame, but the lines don't appear in the window. In the front view meanwhile, those lines do show. Is this a known glitch ?

regards

simon

0SX V17g

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Make sure your are looking from Front, Side, Top/Bottom views.

The rulers/markers don't show outside of those views.

As a workaround we can create all the guidelines we want and view them in any view by creating a Model with splines for the guidelines.

This also allows us to create curved guides which is something the standard guides cannot do.

I find that too sometimes. They may show up again later, then again mostly they don't. Sometimes a view just refuses to accept them.

Nor is it just confined to Chors, it can happen in Modelling and Action windows too.

I've never noticed any sort of pattern as to why and when. But its been that way for as long as I can remember using them.

I find that too sometimes. They may show up again later, then again mostly they don't. Sometimes a view just refuses to accept them.

Nor is it just confined to Chors, it can happen in Modelling and Action windows too.

I've never noticed any sort of pattern as to why and when. But its been that way for as long as I can remember using them.

Mark

They seem to reappear if I select rotate on a bone ? But that could just be incidental ?

I'll post the chor tomorrow.

Rodney

I hadn't thought of using a model ( the thought of one with curvy cells appeals ) but I just set up the ground plane with a 20cm for floor reference but the side and front view remains awkward. Perhaps a reversion to a rotoscope like Muybridge used ?

regards

simon

Here is the chor with no models. I'm working with the original now and the Markers do appear then disappear quite often.

Ska.cho

As I was getting into bed last night, the thought occured ( ?) that, it might be possible to put a number of grounds into the chor on a temporary basis, with a regular grid spacing , and animate against those as perpendicular back drops in the different view windows. Then, when ready, deactivate them and render the scene ?

regards

simon

• Hash Fellow

The markers show in all views for me in v17. Are you still in v15? I dimly recall that may have been a bug.

One odd thing i notice is that pressing 1 on the keypad doesn't return me to the camera view.

Another is that the units don't appear on the rulers.

But the markers do show up.

This happens to me frequently and it is frustrating. But I normally work through it.

I don't really see any pattern. It just happens now and again.

Similarly the screen freezes at times when zooming in and out. In that case you have to click in the window

to get the actual view to reset. Of course if you had something selected it is deselected.

The markers show in all views for me in v17. Are you still in v15? I dimly recall that may have been a bug.

One odd thing i notice is that pressing 1 on the keypad doesn't return me to the camera view.

Yes, I get the same as you Robert.

Another thing Iv'e noticed in the past with the markers, as you can see here, is that the line never really matches up with the tip of the arrow, it's always just off to the side. So if you enter a number in, dose the arrow go to the correct spot or is the line in the correct spot and the arrow is off?

Screen_Shot_2013_10_22_at_16.23.30.png

• Hash Fellow
Another thing Iv'e noticed in the past with the markers, as you can see here, is that the line never really matches up with the tip of the arrow, it's always just off to the side. So if you enter a number in, dose the arrow go to the correct spot or is the line in the correct spot and the arrow is off?

Maybe that's a mac problem?

On my PC they are within a pixel of being centered.

• Hash Fellow
Similarly the screen freezes at times when zooming in and out. In that case you have to click in the window

to get the actual view to reset. Of course if you had something selected it is deselected.

I find you can get the screen to redraw if you slightly drag the edge of the viewport. That will leave the selected objects selected.

Robert

Thank you for looking.

It was done in V17.

The reason the camera doesn't show up may be because it is deactivated (?) I had turned it off when animating and just deleted the model and sound file for this chor.

The markers do seem to be behaving themselves today but, tomorrow may be different.

I think it may be a Mac glitch with the position of the arrows in the views as they all seem to line up slightly to the right of the lines in the views here ?

regards

simon

PS

Just wondered, do ou use imperial or metric measurements in your work ? The units show up here and they are in cm rather than inches.

• Hash Fellow
Just wondered, do ou use imperial or metric measurements in your work ? The units show up here and they are in cm rather than inches.

You can set that in the Option>Units tab

cm is recommended, however, as most plugins only display/accept units in cm