Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

problems with new install

fae_alba

So I had to renew my license at the worst possible time (budget, time, job change (hopefully), Rear Window project, and a Christmas project). Bought a new copy, downloaded the latest 64 bit copy (17g) fired her up and tried to get back to work. But, after opening a chor that I created last weekend and tried to switch to shaded mode, A:M crashed, repeatedly. If I open the chor in 16b I have no problems. So I take a look at the OpenGL settings and notice a definite difference between the settings of my two versions. My problem is that A:M won't let me change the settings in 17g....so what to do guys (and gals)?

settings in 16b

16b.jpg

settings in 17g

17g.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

And you've done all the driver updating and stuff...

Is this a laptop? Intel graphics are the only choice?

For now, you might try installing the 32-bit version and switching to Direct X instead of Open GL

And you've done all the driver updating and stuff...

Is this a laptop? Intel graphics are the only choice?

For now, you might try installing the 32-bit version and switching to Direct X instead of Open GL

this is a laptop. nothing has changed on it except for the new install of A:M. It seems that I can't switch the OpenGL settings, or to DirectX. My 16b version is OpenGL, and works fine.

Also, I found on my hard drive the 32bit installer for 17a. Reinstalled that version, it works fine "out of the box". Seems an issue with 17g only.

so I downloaded 17g 32bit into a separate folder, launch, load one of the chors I've been working on, and switch to shaded mode. Crash. Switch to Direct3D, load chor, switch to shaded mode, it works.

Conclusion: the 64bit windows version of 17G with OpenGL, on at least windows 7 has issues.

• Hash Fellow
so I downloaded 17g 32bit into a separate folder, launch, load one of the chors I've been working on, and switch to shaded mode. Crash. Switch to Direct3D, load chor, switch to shaded mode, it works.

Conclusion: the 64bit windows version of 17G with OpenGL, on at least windows 7 has issues.

When v18 comes out give this a test again and if there's still a crash put in an AMReport. Direct3D is gone in v18.

When v18 comes out give this a test again and if there's still a crash put in an AMReport. Direct3D is gone in v18.

I'll certainly do that. I've noticed already that the 17g 32 bit version using Direct3D is slooowwwwww. I've had to switch to my v16 in order to keep moving forward on projects.

I'm still wondering why v17 stopped working just because you renewed. Perhaps you were not up to v17g before the renewal?

Robert, I downloaded a new copy at the same time and I was behind a few minor revs. What I should have done is keep the installer from the last update I did and install in a separate folder, but alas, hindsight is a hundred percent. When I get back from running errands I might take a peek at the ftp site (is it still there?) and see if a can an earlier copy of v17 64 bit to see if a can determine where things went south.

Shelton, it is weird no question there! But at least I can keep moving forward on at least my Christmas short. I'm leery of working on Rear Window in an earlier release. While I doubt there would be issues, I don't want to court issues when I don't really need to yet.

I'm using 17g here 64 bit on win 7 with 64 bit and all opengl. I am using an Nvidia Quadro card and AM runs fine. Not sure how well Intel video handles opengl with AM, Intel video tend to work better with direct x but that may not be the case with the newer ones out.

If your using an Ati or Nvidia, wouldn't hurt to get the latest drivers for it.

I'm using 17g here 64 bit on win 7 with 64 bit and all opengl. I am using an Nvidia Quadro card and AM runs fine. Not sure how well Intel video handles opengl with AM, Intel video tend to work better with direct x but that may not be the case with the newer ones out.

If your using an Ati or Nvidia, wouldn't hurt to get the latest drivers for it.

Nvidia and ATI/AMD (both gpus and apus) both work fine for me. I never tried it with Intel solutions... maybe it is a problem with them?

Steffen may know more about that.

See u

*Fuchur*