Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Fantasy creature

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grubber nice model! BUT!!! Wait for it... go... are you intending to animate this little puppy? Cos I think you might have some no-so-good deformations around the joints on the limbs - add some more geometry. If you don't believe me then just put some bones in for one of the legs and then drop it in an action and wiggle it about then you'll see what I mean.

This is one of the things I love about spline modeling you can achieve great looking models and in less time than farting about with polygons - in the hands of a good modeler of course ;)

Very interesting. Skip walking on all fours and let him hop around on it's hind legs. Add some nice wings to it. Then make the sucker fly around and spit some dynamic fire balls;.. like the ones John3d's made for one of his downloadable projects. :)

Rodney, it's hard to get bored with A:M, but it happens... :blink:

gazzamataz, I am not going to animate this. Maybe I will make some poses, and that's all. ;)

Iham Wrong, good idea! but I want him walking on four... I thought about wing, but I choose different way... B)

post-7-1079741660.jpg

Hey Grubber - Just to help you a bit I thought I would share how I textured my fish.. You can also use the concept to texture your creature if you like...

1 - create a gradient material ranging the colours I need, I use 2 gradient depending on how complex I want my texture; or you can use 1 colour as the base colour....

2 - then I create a bump material using A:M's dented plugin; I like this tool you can really get some cool patterns if you spend time with it. or you can use a bump map...

3 - then I create a diffuse material which consist of black and white colours, so I use like the pelin pattern, then in each of the colour attributes I change the falloff values to make the material look dirty or dark anything below 100 % makes the material appear brighter; anything above 100% makes it look dark and dirty ....

4 - then I add some specularity just by changing the values in the ( group name ) of the fish... spec size and intensity.

thats a very cude list of how I go about doing it.... I hope to write a TUT soon..

take care.