Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Can't make complete bug report

I'm trying to submit a bug report to Hash Reports but the max. attached file limit is 26,214k. I'm making v17e choke during a single frame render with a combination of models, materials and decals that generates a zip file just under 115,000k. I can't reduce the data set because then A:M doesn't hang. Any alternatives for uploading this much data?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

If you have some other web space available you could put it there and give a link to it.

When you say "choke on a single frame render", do you mean other frames work fine, just one is a problem?

Years ago I had FTP access to the Hash server. I'll have to e-mail Jason.

When you say "choke on a single frame render", do you mean other frames work fine, just one is a problem?

No, I only want to render this one frame as a test and I can't get it done.

• Hash Fellow
Years ago I had FTP access to the Hash server. I'll have to e-mail Jason.

No, I only want to render this one frame as a test and I can't get it done.

If I were in a quite curious and problem solving frame of mind I'd delete a bunch of stuff and see if it renders. If it did, I'd reload it and delete not so much and try again... until i find what element is the problem.

• Admin

With apologies beforehand for even making the attempt to guess.

I'm going to say it's one of your decals. Probably the largest one.

Reduce that in size as a test and see if that makes the difference.

...I'd delete a bunch of stuff ... until i find what element is the problem

Every time I've added another object to my city street back lot, I've been doing successful test renders. Adding the 21st object, my locomotive & tender, caused the choking. In a different chor the loco renders successfully, so I assume it`s this particular combination. During the failed render, with only A:M running, the RAM usage never went beyond 3.5Gb on a machine with 16 so I don`t think I ran out.

I'm going to say it's one of your decals. Probably the largest one. Reduce that in size as a test and see if that makes the difference.

That would likely be the sky backdrop (144 Mb) but that`s object number one in all my other chors that render happily.

The good news is I still have FTP access so I can recreate the directory structure and upload all the components folder by folder without trying to upload one huge zip file.

...I'd delete a bunch of stuff ... until i find what element is the problem

Every time I've added another object to my city street back lot, I've been doing successful test renders. Adding the 21st object, my locomotive & tender, caused the choking. In a different chor the loco renders successfully, so I assume it`s this particular combination. During the failed render, with only A:M running, the RAM usage never went beyond 3.5Gb on a machine with 16 so I don`t think I ran out.

I'm going to say it's one of your decals. Probably the largest one. Reduce that in size as a test and see if that makes the difference.

That would likely be the sky backdrop (144 Mb) but that`s object number one in all my other chors that render happily.

The good news is I still have FTP access so I can recreate the directory structure and upload all the components folder by folder without trying to upload one huge zip file.

If you have a FTP-account, just upload the big zip-file. FTP should not have any limitations in uploadsize. It is much easier for Steffen to download one file and decompress that in general (I am not sure if he can access your FTP-account via FTP, and if not you would have to provide each and every file as a link... very much work for both of you.

See you

*Fuchur*