sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Statue Animation

Simon Edmondson

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

that wasnt pixar, its made by an Indian company i believe.

now this one is more believable to be a Pixar made short.

I have seen, and enjoyed, 'lifted' before it is, as you'd expect, beautifully made. The lighting is FAB.

My only quibble with it was that some of the poses were a bit too 'standard'. (If that makes sense?). In the sense that you have seen them many times before in other animations. Or am I being too picky ?

What I liked about the Indian short was that, it worked a simple idea as thoroughly as possible, in a way you didn't expect, and managed a good ending too.

simon

What I liked about the Indian short was that, it worked a simple idea as thoroughly as possible, in a way you didn't expect, and managed a good ending too.

that wasnt pixar, its made by an Indian company i believe.

It was made by a Russian company, and this particular fellow who posted it to youtube is from Turkey, and obviously mislabeled the film, unless Pixar means God in Turkish. <_>

I enjoyed this. Clever, original concept, funny, and well done. Started with obvious choices for gags, but quickly got & held my attention with more creative choices and good ending.

• Admin

It looks to be a very well thought out short.

Without having a deeper understanding of the belief system behind those that reverence the statue I can only speculate whether the statue is assuming some poses that are historical or that have specific meaning to the faithful. I suppose it's also possible that all or most of the statues poses are completely made up and the animators are just going with the flow. I can't help but think the poses are trying to hit known and iconic poses toward the end especially.

The potty humor? What can I say... funny... silly... stupid... moronic. ;)

Unnecessary to the enjoyment of the film and sure to alienate and negatively bias many against it.

It's sure to provoke controversy and encourage more to watch but it mostly just devalues the film.

Of course this fits perfectly into the theme as ridiculing the god is rather the whole point here.

Bested by a fly that is really secretly in disguise a (...watch the film...), how utterly embarrassing. (or is it just a humorous statement/critique of hindu society... and simultaneously... an insightful self portrait of the creators of the film?)

This is one of those films that makes you think beyond the scope of what is being presented. Pretty good for such a short film.

A nice touch is that it also comes very close to coming full circle and resetting itself for subsequent viewings with a new god at the center of attention.

As such things go, a very clever film.