sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Watch this animation!

Gerry

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really cool visually and artistically but the heavy handed Christian religious message really keeps me from enjoying it as a whole.

I watched "Metropolis" again last night, the new restored version, and the christian symbolism is handled with a sledgehammer.

To me the weakest part about this piece is the obtuse, heavy handed, and often grotesque symbolism as well.

However the amazing musical score, the pacing, and the expert use of special effects carry this piece, and won't let go. Cinematography is outstandingly creative, flowing.

Mesmerizing and technically amazing for a full 7 minutes. I would guess that they have a high % of viewers who see it to the end.

A LOT of work went into this. Can ANYONE tell me what it all means????

There are a couple of analyses of it on youtube. I'll let you decide if they are informative. I've drawn my own conclusions.

A LOT of work went into this. Can ANYONE tell me what it all means????

On the vimeo site, Heliofant responds to people asking the same thing. In my opinion, they are the only ones who can tell you what they had in mind. The rest of us are free to introject our own bias. Uh..make up sh_t.

A sampling of Heliofant's answers:

Q: what's it about?

A: I think there are many different possible explanations within the many mini stories. Hopefully what comes across is a profound longing to be free.

Q: what's it about?

A: Perhaps it's just an invitation to go past the veneer of change, into that fire that every great religion speaks of. That divine knowledge that I and the "Father", "Mother", "Source"... are one! Thanks for mulling it over!

And from the Heliofant website:

Heliofant is a nascent independent computer animation studio focused on creating experimental and challenging content. Bringing together artists from the fields of dance, music, computer animation and visual arts, the company is very interested in exploring the common ground that underlies many spiritual and philosophical traditions in a lyrical form.