Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mac glitch ?

This seemed like the best place to ask (?)

I am using V15J on a Mac under OSX10.68 and trying to set up some cycles at first but animations later.

There is an anomaly on the Mac version which never seemed to happen in the PC interface and I wondered if there was a way to correct it ?

When setting up key frames over a timeline you can 'bracket' the frame range at the top of the window to just play back those you want to see.

On the PC ( as I remember it ) the inactive frames were shaded in a different colour and it was easy to spot the limit and then adjust it.

On the Mac version, its a slightly darker shade of grey, and that makes it awkward to find the edge and drag the markers to where you want them to go.

Is there a way around this ?

regards

simon

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

On the PC that turns out to be an interface color adjustment you make on some Windows control panel, so I presume there is some similar Mac control panel too.

I discovered this only because some PC color schemes made the color difference invisible.

On the PC that turns out to be an interface color adjustment you make on some Windows control panel, so I presume there is some similar Mac control panel too.

I discovered this only because some PC color schemes made the color difference invisible.

Thank you Rob.Where would you adjust it in Windows ?

I'm not sure where to look under OSX, perhaps it a similar or analogous name to the windows variant?

regards

simon

Just discovered that, if you click with the right mouse button on the play range timeline, ( yes I use a PC mouse on the Mac ). A dialogue box opens up which allows you to specify the start, end and range...

In the absence of the colour method this will do for me.

Thank you for your time.

regards

simon

Sadly Simon, I don't think we can change the colour or the contrast of the greyed out areas in the time line. I have often wanted to give it more contrast as its often near impossible to see.

I would also like little slidey markers up there that you can grab and move similar to setting the In and Out points in a film editors timeline. For me it would be quicker than typing in numbers.

Humm… that's maybe a feature request.

Mark and Gerry

Thank you for your thoughts. It does sound like a feature request.

Where should I make such a request ?

regards

simon

A:M Reports is the right place to go:

LINK

See you

*Fuchur*

PS: You will have to register again over there. Your forum-login will very likely not work.

• Hash Fellow
I would also like little slidey markers up there that you can grab and move similar to setting the In and Out points in a film editors timeline. For me it would be quicker than typing in numbers.

You can grab and slide the beginning and end of the play range. Of course you have to be able to see them to do that. :rolleyes:

Some other visible marker would be a useful thing.

• Hash Fellow

After some snooping I found that in Windows 7 if you go to

Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Personalization>Window Color you can choose the color of Windows interface elements

"3D objects" sets the color of the grey area of the A:M playrange

"Window" sets the color of the white area.

Both of those control much more than just the color of the playrange, changing them can make for a very odd looking computer display.

I'm coming in late on this, but is this what we're talking about?

The shaded frames in the timeline? 'Cause the ones out of range of my choreography appear pink on the Mac, which is really easy to see.

Screen_shot_2012_06_20_at_10.44.57_AM.png

After some snooping I found that in Windows 7 if you go to

Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Personalization>Window Color you can choose the color of Windows interface elements

"3D objects" sets the color of the grey area of the A:M playrange

"Window" sets the color of the white area.

Both of those control much more than just the color of the playrange, changing them can make for a very odd looking computer display.

Yes Robert, that's about the same on Mac's. Any actual changes to the time line display are more accidental than planed!

I'm coming in late on this, but is this what we're talking about?

The shaded frames in the timeline? 'Cause the ones out of range of my choreography appear pink on the Mac, which is really easy to see.

Screen_shot_2012_06_20_at_10.44.57_AM.png

Yep, that's what we'r talking about Mark.

But its when you switch out of the curve editor and are looking just at the Keyframes that it can be a bit tricky to see.

Screen_shot_2012_06_20_at_18.20.49.jpg

Another glitch of a different sort.

Trying to animate two figures in a chor, using the 2008 rig in V15J on an Imac with OSX 10.68 ( with Intuos tablet and mouse )

The sliders that allow you to navigate around the PWS have frozen so that they can not be moved.

What I mean is that the window that shows the heirachy won't move up and down. The Time line won't move left to right and the frame slider in the controls won't move either.. The bones can be selected in the chor window but not in the PWS.

I've just tried it again and it seems to work now but... Has this been experienced by other people too ?

regards

simon

If it was just a one-time thing I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again. If you re-started or reloaded the chor and it's fixed, it may have just been an isolated hang.

Gerry

Thank you for your reply.

It has happened before, only not as comprehensively.

If I was on a PC I would worry about a virus but don't think its that .

A puzzle.

regards

simon