sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Trailer for Mass Effect 3

Fuchur

Anybody has seen this yet? Mass Effect 3 (at least Mass Effect 2 and 1 were nice games) is coming out and I liked the new trailer much.

It really is a little sad and plays nicely with sizes and of course is just very well done.

See it here:

See you

*Fuchur*

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it's been out a while. The whole premise of the series is that the decisions you make seriously effect the outcome and have ramifications for the series as a whole. They delivered pretty well for the first 2 but the 3rd has 3 endings all of which you can choose (without giving away too much at the end you stand in front of 3 options left for end 1 middle for 2 or right for 3). All 3 endings are practically the same just with different colours.

Darkwing is right, Bioware has promised a DLC that will be the 'true' ending. But as there's a strong chance it won't be free DLC the situation has raised the ugly question of whether this could become a trend with developers. Release a game, have an 'ending' to that game but if you want to see the good true ending you have to pay extra for the add on. It's as bad as games that have updates on day 1. It's as though they think it's acceptable to release an unfinished product and then 'fix' it later. I don't want to pay upwards of 50 dollars for an unfinished product. I know bug fixes are good but day 1? that's like admitting that you know what you shipped out is broken.

Can you imagine getting home with your brand new TV, turning it on but finding some of the functions don't work properly and being told they'll send a fix for it in a few days? Or buying an oven that will only go up to 200 degrees until you buy an add on? Or say watching your favourite TV show and right before the finale a screen pops up saying "This feature is locked please enter your credit card details to unlock the ending"

Sorry rant over

That looks gruesome. What is the game element of that?

It is done really really well, but the games are in general ego-shooters with some tactics and strategy-elements.

I just thought the trailer was very well done.

I have played 1 and 2 and I found especially the second one very well done, but yes:

It is a more or less brutal game (there are much worse once out there so)

See you

*Fuchur*