sprockets Hans Donuts Featured USS Midnight spotlight Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hello, I'm Back -- So What's Been Happening ? :)

Astrin

Hi everyone! To give you an idea of how far I go back:

My first version was called "Playmation" and I had to travel quite a bit, to a person's home, to see a demo AND buy my copy. Really, the program was called Will Vinton's Playmation -- bet Martin wasn't too happy about that.

I still have that copy, though the box needed taping up. Still have the disks.

Over the years, I have bought at least 3 or 4 subsequent versions -- I'm looking at two versions on my bookshelf right now (at least another is in the debris under my computer desk).

My question is -- are there any records here at Hash Kingdom of my copies? It would save me considerable archaeological work to dig up my copies. I would like to get the current version, but am curious as to what MY latest version is.

Thanks!

Ben

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Hi Ben and welcome back!

Playmation! Now those were the days. (I was hooked by ads about Playmation but didn't purchase A:M until later)

Regarding any older versions you'll have to go direct with Hash Inc. Other than to send you off in that direction with a hearty "Good luck!" there isn't a lot we can't help you there.

As for my recommendation, the versions you had are so old that while no doubt wonderful, cannot begin to compare to the current release (v16 with v17 on it's way). As such I recommend the subscription for $79 to get back into the game. It could very well be the best use of $79 you'll ever make.

• Hash Fellow

Welcome back to A:M!

I also recommend you jump forward to V16. If you haven't been around for a while I also suggest you do the exercises in "The Art of Animation:Master" (TAoA:M) to reacquaint yourself with the interface and workflow.

And we're also aiming to revise that whole set of tuts; you can get the rough draft of the first chapter here, which I recommend you do first.

Hi Astrin, welcome back! I recently calculated that the subscription version comes to twenty-one cents a day, which is as close to free as you're likely to come. So upgrading to the latest version is a pretty easy decision. And back when your latest version was *new*, this forum prob'ly didn't even exist and it is invaluable.

Welcome back to A:M and the A:M Forum! I remember seeing the ads for Will Vinton's Playmation... Will was of course very famous at that time for his 'California Raisins, Heard it thru the Grapevine' claymation TV spots which dominated the airwaves.... and I think they used one of the characters in the print ads I would see in Animation Magazine and all the trade mags of that day... mmm, good times...

Martin has excused himself from participating from the forum, but there are plenty of us here to help you along!