Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Getting started with A:M

livewiresrus

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello ,new to the forum and fairly new to A:M i boughta copy on ebay v12 looking for plugins mainly sweeper for now ,found a place to download it but i dont have a key # to activate it,wish i had v13 i guess its part on A:M now.Can anyone help me out?

What image is on the CD? That would determine whether you can use v13 with it or not. If it's a white-haired Yeti, that would be v13, if it has a mostly silver Tinman with Scarecrow it is v14...the green Tinman with Scarecrow is v15.

Hope that helps.

Hello ,new to the forum and fairly new to A:M i boughta copy on ebay v12 looking for plugins mainly sweeper for now ,found a place to download it but i dont have a key # to activate it,wish i had v13 i guess its part of A:M now.Can anyone help me out?

What image is on the CD? That would determine whether you can use v13 with it or not. If it's a white-haired Yeti, that would be v13, if it has a mostly silver Tinman with Scarecrow it is v14...the green Tinman with Scarecrow is v15.

Hope that helps.

Its a witch and black cat. Sorserez

• Hash Fellow

I think that may have run a few early betas of V13 but I don't think it ran the release versions. But you can get the final V12 from the Hash ftp site. What is on the CD is probably not the final version of V12

Hello ,new to the forum and fairly new to A:M i boughta copy on ebay v12 looking for plugins mainly sweeper for now ,found a place to download it but i dont have a key # to activate it,wish i had v13 i guess its part on A:M now.Can anyone help me out?

You might have to contact Emilio Le Roux about an early version of sweeper.

You might have to contact Emilio Le Roux about an early version of sweeper.

I have already got ahold of Emilio Le Roux he was good enough to hook me up with a working key,and the version I have is 12d.

• Hash Fellow

I think that may have run a few early betas of V13 but I don't think it ran the release versions. But you can get the final V12 from the Hash ftp site. What is on the CD is probably not the final version of V12

What do i download????

I don't have that particular CD so I can't test them. Try a few. If it doesn't say it's installing V12 you can stop it there and go on to the next one.

• Admin

Scott,

I'm sorry to hear someone suckered you into buying A:M via Ebay.

I hope you didn't pay too much for the software. Hash Inc stopped selling that version over five years ago.

To save you a lot of trouble I recommend upgrading to v16 (by subscribing now you'll also get access to v17 when it's released).

Then you won't have to worry about what you have or have not inherited in v12, licensing and general good will. That $79 would have saved you a lot of hassle if the Ebay guy would have suggested that instead.

As you probably aren't exactly thrilled with the idea of paying more when you thought you were getting the great deal...

As far as I can tell 12w was the final release for that version. You should be able to download it here:

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/windows/Am2006/v12/

Someone did you wrong by selling you a copy of A:M when they had no legal right to sell but perhaps you can still turn that into a good thing. At least you have been introduced to the world's best computer animation software.

Welcome to the A:M Forum! :)

livewiresrus.....Yes I have that version myself on cd and have to add That i highly recommend version 16 via subscription. Compared to 12 ----its like night and day. Now 12 is cool so do not feel bad about your purchase so much and give it a whirl.....if you connect with AM ...by all means give serious consideration to 16 . The plugins and gosh it just feels so much nicer.

I basically bought it because it came with alot of goodies, there were most all of the Anzovin Tutorials on Disks and a couple of books, it was a great deal for what i paid for it all.And i am going to invest in the $79 when i can ,never seem to have to extra money something always seems to pop up to eat up my cash.Just trying to get the most out of what I have at the moment, and i got the Jew Lew DVD for free and just bought his newer ones for Maya,they were only $18 for both lessons (downloadable quicktime).I got most all of the tuts I want but havent found Model a face with Bill young and Mastering materials with Bill Young,and Non linear Animation with Raf Anzovin.I wrote to Barry Zundel and he said he would post his tuts on his site soon and two days later there they were,I got all of those for $28 so Im pretty darn happy for what I ve gotten for all the more ive paid.Im hoping to have the $79 at the beginning of the year. Any others anyone might suggest???

O yea I got all the Siggraph tuts also(Cheap) ,Im obsessed. I have winters off so I have plenty of time,and I have a dual monitor video card so I can watch on one and work in A:M on the other.

And......can you use models made in A:M in 3DS Max a buddy said he did but they were some problems.

• Hash Fellow

It sounds like you got lots to get started on. Today's interface is almost identical to V12 so anything you do in V12 will transfer well when you upgrade.

I will note that any A:M files made in v13 or later won't load in V12 but you'll know those when you run into them.

I basically bought it because it came with alot of goodies, there were most all of the Anzovin Tutorials on Disks and a couple of books, it was a great deal for what i paid for it all.And i am going to invest in the $79 when i can ,never seem to have to extra money something always seems to pop up to eat up my cash.Just trying to get the most out of what I have at the moment, and i got the Jeff Lew DVD for free and just bought his newer ones for Maya,they were only $18 for both lessons (downloadable quicktime).I got most all of the tuts I want but havent found Model a face with Bill young and Mastering materials with Bill Young,and Non linear Animation with Raf Anzovin.I wrote to Barry Zundel and he said he would post his tuts on his site soon and two days later there they were,I got all of those for $28 so Im pretty darn happy for what I ve gotten for all the more ive paid.Im hoping to have the $79 at the beginning of the year. Any others anyone might suggest???

O yea I got all the Siggraph tuts also(Cheap) ,Im obsessed. I have winters off so I have plenty of time,and I have a dual monitor video card so I can watch on one and work in A:M on the other.

And......can you use models made in A:M in 3DS Max a buddy said he did but they were some problems.

That was suppose to be Jeff Lew

Livewiresrus-----wow man you have enough to keep you busy for a couple of winters ......have fun ........and just another word......anytime you get stuck or cannot figure something come in here and post your question or issue ----the gurus on this forum are amazing. (And friendly too.)

Livewiresrus-----wow man you have enough to keep you busy for a couple of winters ......have fun ........and just another word......anytime you get stuck or cannot figure something come in here and post your question or issue ----the gurus on this forum are amazing. (And friendly too.)

Thanks everyone seems nice and willing to help

Scott