sprockets Learn to create your own tool bars! Behind The Scenes: A:M and Animatronics Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine!
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New Browser

Ilidrake

I've always been a fan of google for searching the web. So I said what the heck and downloaded Google Chrome and I have to admit I'm impressed with it. Very minimum on buttons and toolbars (the way i like it). And fast!!!! Much faster than Firefox or IE.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I like Google Chrome and use it a lot.

I use it almost exclusively since downloading the MS Internet Explorer Beta 9... It broke IE and I can't use IE anymore.

I do like to keep Firefox and IE around as Chrome doesn't always behave as I prefer.

Downloading for instance is a real pain as I'm use to more direct control and Chrome downloads differently.

One of the main reasons I trend toward Chrome is that I feel Google is willing to put it's considerable interest into it and yet keep it free of excess functionality.

I hope that remains the case.

I like Google Chrome and use it a lot.

I use it almost exclusively since downloading the MS Internet Explorer Beta 9... It broke IE and I can't use IE anymore.

I do like to keep Firefox and IE around as Chrome doesn't always behave as I prefer.

Downloading for instance is a real pain as I'm use to more direct control and Chrome downloads differently.

One of the main reasons I trend toward Chrome is that I feel Google is willing to put it's considerable interest into it and yet keep it free of excess functionality.

I hope that remains the case.

I just dont like the fact it is from google (a company which is specialized on searching informations) and we (webdevs) need to develope for more browsers. The javascriptengine and some of the stuff is not w3c conform. Best is still firefox and when it starts a few seconds later I can easily live with that especially since longer starttimes are often caused bby extensions...

*Fuchur*

I just dont like the fact it is from google (a company which is specialized on searching informations)

If that is a concern, you might want to check out Comodo Dragon. It is basically Chromium without the Google data gathering stuff. Comodo also claims that its browser helps more to prevent accidental "drive by" downloading of malicious scripts when you visit websites.

http://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/browser.php

we (webdevs) need to develope for more browsers.

Lunascape looks like it would be convenient in some cases. It is a triple engine browser, including Trident (IE), Gecko (FF) and Webkit (Chrome, Safari). It also claims to support all the IE, FF AND Chrome add-ons. There is also a version for iPhone. http://www.lunascape.tv/

But, like you, I still develop in FF and test the site in the other browsers later.