Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

how do i animate this vedio

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Motion capture? Since it's a realistically proportioned character, motion capture seems like a feasible route.

Other wise, since it's a dance you might get away with hand animating a few cycles and cutting between them

• Hash Fellow

I bet he did that with some stock mocap files.

I looked at the "Spiderman Hamster dance" and it looks like the same moves.

Those dance moves are probably in mocap files available somewhere.

Somewhere on the forum there are several tuts on how to use mocap in A:M.

• Admin

As this is just a few seconds of animation motion capture repeated over and over to music that'd be pretty straightforward to recreate. If not for the music though I would have fallen asleep a long time ago however..... Zzzzzzzzz.

Of course making something move is not the same as animation but can still be convincing and fun.

Its fun watching make believe things move like humans.

• Hash Fellow
since it is a mocap image, how can i animate this without using any motion capture devise. of course i donot also have any.

You dont' need a mo cap device. You just need the file the mocap device made. That's what you will use with A:M.

is there a way to rotoscope from a film? i mean a clip? i mean, you take a video recording you just made of your buddy dancing and then run this film like a decal posing your 3D character to match the moves on the film? (since the youtube clip is just a guy dancing) PS has a special function for rotoscoping in 2D, you could start there and turn the clip into a series of frames and number them. find the keyframes and by frame number reference, key your character in 3D. short cycles, repetition.

which will take much much, much longer than mocap of course.

• Hash Fellow
is there a way to rotoscope from a film? i mean a clip?

Yes

Convert the clip to a Quicktime or TGA series (better) and import that as a rotoscope into the view you are posing your character in.

RMB>New>Rotoscope

TGA series works better because A"M doesn't have to work on the codec stuff while you scrub back and forth.

Quicktimes compressed with "Photo JPEG" work well, also.

Another way to use a rotoscope of a video clip is to import the clip (image sequence) into A:M, then drag it from the container and drop it on the camera in the Choreography. You can make it show up either in front of, or behind the elements in your scene.