sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

can animation master have japanese anime look?

north

say i want to create my own anime or do fan-work of existing anime from japan. i want to create a look to what they use. i want to use mecha robots as well

something like the animes of Naruto, Bleach, Code Geass, etc.

so far AM has a somewhat disney cartoon look to it.

im looking to something like this

http://mofandom.wordpress.com/2009/01/02/t...-of-anime-2008/

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have a look at A:M Stills and search through that...

I think A:M can very easily (easier than other 3d-software) create such styles. It is on you to get your models look right so...

Toon-Example 1

Toon-Example 2

Toon-Example 3

Toon-Example 4

Toon-Example 5

More realistic Example

More realistic Example 2

Mech-Example

You can do nearly everything if you are able to do it...

See you

*Fuchur*

excellent, thanks for the fast response. i will check out the links.

how fast is it to create episode of 25 minutes of animation? i remember watching the 17 minute video though i cant find it.

the easiest 3d app to learn i have been told was Cinema 4d

Hi North, welcome to the forums! First off, no animation app has an inherent stylistic "look" to the work created in it. It's pretty much up to the artist/animator to determine a style, as with any art medium.

Second, if you're new to 3D animation in general, getting something like a 25-minute animation done "fast" is not possible. But in my experience A:M has the best toolset and workflow of any of the ones I've used. Don't know about C4D but for a $79 1 year subscription you can find out for yourself if A:M is a worthwhile app to learn. And the people here on the forum are a bodacious support group!

Stick around, keep asking questions.

• Hash Fellow
thanks Gerry, can this app be used with Adobe After Effects?

YOu can use renders form A:M in AE just you can any other image.

also you can import models that you already have into the application/

No. Polygon models are not made for use in A:M. Some polygon models can be edited to work better, but that is not a new-user task. Do not expect that models you made in another program will be used in A:M.

say robcat, can you then create one in the program. can this be created in Animation Masters?

51jdsaJuZ3L._SS400_.jpg

Of course it can be created. For a experienced user it should be no problem to create something like that.

In the end, EVERYTHING can be created in A:M.

C4d is not the easiest 3d app in my experience... it is on of the easier once in the poly-world so. This is very subjective... this means: any user will say something different about that, but A:M is one of the easiest around and I think it is the easiest if you want to create animations. 25 min of animation is MUCH. Dont expect to create something like that in a few days / weeks. As a single person you will very likely need a few month (without the time you need to learn the app. Again: This is true for any 3d programm and highly depends on the quality you want to archieve... simple models and animations can be much faster. A comparision for you: A very good Pixaranimator creates about 15 seconds of Animation a week. This is ONLY animating the character - not creating the character, the backgrounds, the models, rendering, etc. ONLY animation. But they create the most advanced animation available.)

It depends what you can wrap your head better around... poly or patch/spline-modelling. A:M is very effective and easy to learn if you are new to 3d. If you have poly-experience you have to be open minded and dont resist on what you already know. I work with programms from both worlds and in my experience A:M easily outperforms most other software in fun and ease of use especially for creating animations with a toon-look.

See you

*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

What is A:M?

A:M is a complete pipeline for 3D animation. You model, rig, texture*, animate, light, and render all in A:M. You never need to detour to another program to get part of that pipeline done. Because of that, accommodating models from other programs is not a priority for A:M.

I put an * by "texture" because most people like to use bit map images painted in a program like Photoshop for textures and import those into A:M, but A:M has good non-bitmap texturing powers built in too. There's also a separate 3DPaint program for A:M if you want to paint on the model.

here's a thread where one of our forum members was making "Ironman". It's not an "anime" character, but it's similar in construction to the image you showed.

Notice that the commenters in the thread are very impressed. A new user will not be making models like that immediately.

3D is a demanding art. There are many skills you need to become proficient at. Model, rig, texture, animate, light, and render. Each one of those is a field of study.

A:M is great because a beginner can get something going reasonably soon and yet it doesn't limit accomplished users to basics.

damn, thats a long time. im a little confuse on the poly-world and simple models Fuchur. im really sorry for my lack experience

robcat that thread you posted, and with this image

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?act=a...st&id=31103

is what i want to do, realistic and i want to animate that. but damn creating 25 minutes worth of a Cartoon episode is much longer than i thought. so i really got to get started.

>robcat that thread you posted, and with this image

is what i want to do, realistic and i want to animate that. but damn creating 25 minutes worth of a Cartoon episode is much longer than i thought. so i really got to get started.

Learningcurve, rendertimes and overall timeconsumtion would probably by far more

then you would be willing to go through.

I am experimenting with simpler more rendertimefriendly looks

See here:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...RAND+MECHAJOUST

Maybe that would be something for you to consider as well?

What is A:M?

A:M is a complete pipeline for 3D animation. You model, rig, texture*, animate, light, and render all in A:M. You never need to detour to another program to get part of that pipeline done. Because of that, accommodating models from other programs is not a priority for A:M.

I put an * by "texture" because most people like to use bit map images painted in a program like Photoshop for textures and import those into A:M, but A:M has good non-bitmap texturing powers built in too. There's also a separate 3DPaint program for A:M if you want to paint on the model.

here's a thread where one of our forum members was making "Ironman". It's not an "anime" character, but it's similar in construction to the image you showed.

Notice that the commenters in the thread are very impressed. A new user will not be making models like that immediately.

3D is a demanding art. There are many skills you need to become proficient at. Model, rig, texture, animate, light, and render. Each one of those is a field of study.

A:M is great because a beginner can get something going reasonably soon and yet it doesn't limit accomplished users to basics.

(Just to mention it, although it is a bit against this philosophy:

A:M can be used with Postproduction-software (as any other software which creates images they can handle) to create effects which would be much more complicated to archieve or which the user didnt think of before. A:M can do all of that, but sometimes it is less timeconsuming doing some stuff in the post. For example: If you need 2d-text-slides animated or color-correction of your final renderingimage, you wont get around a post-production-software, although it would be possible to do that in AM too...

*Fuchur*

>robcat that thread you posted, and with this image

<I think, you can forget to try to achieve something like that with animation.

Learningcurve, rendertimes and overall timeconsumtion would probably by far more

then you would be willing to go through.

I am experimenting with simpler more rendertimefriendly looks

See here:

http://www.hash.com/forums/index.php?showt...RAND+MECHAJOUST

Maybe that would be something for you to consider as well?

something like this art i am happy with for the most part. trying to animate this style

http://api.ning.com/files/JTQwat6v6Oo3lmT0...F/codegeass.jpg

say, was this mecha art was done from scratch in AM?

http://www.hash.com/stills/displayimage.ph...&fullsize=1

say Fuchur, do you know about the Dead Fantasy videos created by Monty Om?

here is an example of his work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lzeNAj8aiE...feature=related

i just saw the 17 minute Animation Master demo by one of the main guys that work with it. he made it look very catchy and that animation could be done real quick. i was thinking of doing this with AM, though with more realist characters and voices. also the fighting.

say Fuchur, do you know about the Dead Fantasy videos created by Monty Om?

here is an example of his work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lzeNAj8aiE...feature=related

i just saw the 17 minute Animation Master demo by one of the main guys that work with it. he made it look very catchy and that animation could be done real quick. i was thinking of doing this with AM, though with more realist characters and voices. also the fighting.

So you wanna create a new Final Fantasy-Animation... I just can say: You will need many exercises and a huge amount of talent... if you got the talent, there is nothing that stands agains that...

But keep in mind: final Fantasy-Animations or movies are created by many people in quite a long time...

I would say:

Just get started... there is no use in asking again and again if somethung is possible... the answer you will get frm us is always the same: Yes it can be done but you will need talent, will and time.

If it wasnt like that the market would be crowded with people doing top notch-animations.

But you will have much fun, I promise ;)

*fuchur*

don´t blieve this is AM.

Would definitly like to be able to make a ocean and grass like in that demo though.

It is another demo he saw... not Dead Fantasy...

What are you missing with the ocean-rig? It does a very good job if you ask me...

OceanRig

mtpeak and eric did some amazing stuff there. And if you dont need an Ocean but a beach, do it like many computergames do, using images with a transparency-map / alpha, etc.

Fast to render and can look very well.

*Fuchur*

So you wanna create a new Final Fantasy-Animation... I just can say: You will need many exercises and a huge amount of talent... if you got the talent, there is nothing that stands agains that...

But keep in mind: final Fantasy-Animations or movies are created by many people in quite a long time...

I would say:

Just get started... there is no use in asking again and again if somethung is possible... the answer you will get frm us is always the same: Yes it can be done but you will need talent, will and time.

If it wasnt like that the market would be crowded with people doing top notch-animations.

*fuchur*

I think this is the main point. A lot of folks see a final piece of animation, either on the silver screen or the boob-tube (my dads term!) and think, hey I can do that, completely forgetting that a whole production company did that, from writing, to story boarding, to character art, to ... to ... to . Long story short, is, well keep it short. Start simple, work up to your goals...slowly. I started on A:M some 6 years ago, and am still working on my first short that I would feel comfortable with showing the public.

Not to discourage anybody, just keep your expectations realistic. You will get much more satisfaction out of your work with A:M, and any other app on the market.

I think it's also worth mentioning for north's benefit that A:M's basic stability has increased in leaps and bounds over the last several versions so (in theory anyway) the learning curve is a lot less stressful these days. Not shorter, just less stressful. But that's saying something!

I think it's also worth mentioning for north's benefit that A:M's basic stability has increased in leaps and bounds over the last several versions so (in theory anyway) the learning curve is a lot less stressful these days. Not shorter, just less stressful. But that's saying something!

But aint that part of the experience! I mean, little teeth knashing, head banging, hair pulling and random aaaarrrhhhhggss is all part of the ride experience!

Seriously though, A:M has improved tremendously since I started on it. Kudos to the developers for that!

I would say:

*fuchur*

I think this is the main point. A lot of folks see a final piece of animation, either on the silver screen or the boob-tube (my dads term!) and think, hey I can do that, completely forgetting that a whole production company did that, from writing, to story boarding, to character art, to ... to ... to . Long story short, is, well keep it short. Start simple, work up to your goals...slowly. I started on A:M some 6 years ago, and am still working on my first short that I would feel comfortable with showing the public.

Not to discourage anybody, just keep your expectations realistic. You will get much more satisfaction out of your work with A:M, and any other app on the market.

the above clip was done by 1 person, the one that i showed you, by Monty Oum. called Dead Fantasy 5, using Dead or Alive characters and Final Fantasy. he basically made them fight and not do voices, or have plot etc. i cant do a final fantasy like the version shown in theaters

well im going to create a japanese anime look, continue stories from anime that has already finished or create a new one all together. so i will get started and see how it goes. seems from the 17 minute introduction video of AM, i believe it can be done.